• OzzModz is no longer taking registrations. All registrations are being redirected to Snog's Site
    All addons and support is available there now.

Andy Richter recalls 'Lazyboy' chair near boys shower in Hastert case

Luke Skywalker

Super Moderator
{vb:raw ozzmodz_postquote}:
Former Republican Speaker of the House Dennis Hastert fights his way through the press as he arrives for his arraignment at the Dirksen Federal Courthouse on June 9, 2015 in Chicago. Hastert, who pleaded guilty in October to one count of illegal bank structuring, is due to be sentenced in April.(Photo: Scott Olson, Getty Images)

CHICAGO — Comedian Andy Richter, who attended the high school where Dennis Hastert taught before entering politics, recalled on Twitter<span style="color: Red;">*</span>one of<span style="color: Red;">*</span>the more disturbing episodes of alleged misconduct by the former House speaker during his time as a high school wrestling coach and teacher.
Federal prosecutors alleged in a court document filed Friday evening that Hastert abused or had inappropriate contact with at least five<span style="color: Red;">*</span>minor boys during his time at<span style="color: Red;">*</span>Yorkville High School, west of Chicago. Hastert taught at the high school for about 16 years before leaving in the early 1980s to launch his political career.
635957915730253789-Andy-Richter.jpg
Comedian Andy Richter.<span style="color: Red;">*</span>(Photo: Matt Winkelmeyer, Getty Images)

One of the victims, identified in court documents as "Individual D," told prosecutors that Hastert "put a 'Lazyboy'-type chair in direct view<span style="color: Red;">*</span>of the shower stalls in the locker room where he sat while the boys showered."
Richter, a sidekick on Conan O'Brien's TV show on TBS, said in a series of posts on<span style="color: Red;">*</span>Twitter that he remembers the chair.
"I went to Yorkville HS '80-'84 & I remember this chair. Purportedly 'to keep boys from fighting,'" Richter posted.
In a second post, Richter wrote, "I haven't thought of it in 30 yrs."
"tbh, I don't find it's upsetting me now," Richter wrote in a third post. "I'm just so struck by how easy it was to do that. Nobody questioned it."
Hastert, 74,<span style="color: Red;">*</span>pleaded guilty in October to<span style="color: Red;">*</span>one count of illegally structuring bank withdrawals. In the new court filing, prosecutors<span style="color: Red;">*</span>detail<span style="color: Red;">*</span>how<span style="color: Red;">*</span>the bank fraud was part of a scheme by the former lawmaker to pay off one of his alleged victims. It also details the other alleged incidents in which Hastert molested or committed sexual acts on boys in his charge.
USA TODAY
Prosecutors say Hastert molested 14-year-old boy

The statutes of limitation on the sexual misconduct allegations have expired, but prosecutors raised the alleged wrongdoing in their pre-sentencing memo ahead of Hastert's scheduled sentencing later this month.
The former speaker faces up to six months in prison.
Follow USA TODAY Chicago correspondent<span style="color: Red;">*</span>Aamer Madhani on Twitter:<span style="color: Red;">*</span>@AamerISmad