• OzzModz is no longer taking registrations. All registrations are being redirected to Snog's Site
    All addons and support is available there now.

Is this mod dead? It's not working for me

YourMother

This mod does not seem to be working for me on vb 4.2.2 PL3. I noticed it's in the mod graveyard over on vb.org so I'm assuming it's dead and doesn't work anymore?

All OzzModz are graveyarded at vBorg and are only available here exclusively. It's not "dead" as Mods don't die... There's just something that needs looked into. [MENTION=1]Ozzy47[/MENTION] will be along at some point soon to help you out.

Hello
Thank you [MENTION=1]Ozzy47[/MENTION] for your hard work.
Unfortunately, this mod doesnt work in vB4.2.1,
Here are the steps:
Downloaded latest version (v1.0.1) and installed as instruction says,
set vb general time limit option for editiong of posts to 1441 minute,
Then changed the added time limit option of this hack for a user group (a custom new regular usergroup - not mods or admins) to 2882 which means two days of course,
But the user is still able to edit his 30 days old post.

Can you please check the issue as it is a very good modification? Thanks again, Regards.

I will look into it when I get some free time.
[MENTION=1]Ozzy47[/MENTION];
I can also confirm this doesn't work on vbulletin 4.2.3 (PHP 5.4.4).

What happens:
Regardless of the settings I chose, users will be able to edit their posts indefinitely.
Even if I adjust the settings from: Admin CP -> Settings -> Options -> Message Posting and Editing Options -> Time Limit on Editing of Posts
I tried changing that from 0 -> 1, yet users can still edit even if I change the 'time limit' settings from usergroup manger (with this mod) also to 1.
This Mod just completely breaks editing restrictions.

Edit 2:
I uninstalled it fine.
However, this mod just doesn't work at all.

Last edited:
Back