• OzzModz is no longer taking registrations. All registrations are being redirected to Snog's Site
    All addons and support is available there now.

Not able to access Threads?

RSNF

So I wake up this morning log into my new site and try to click on the test forum where we have been testing out the boards stability to find that the threads that we created for testing and functionality are being listed. Only one that is accessible is the last post. Is there a setting in vbulletin 3 or something that automatically closes the ability to look up all the threads in the forums? It's not only doing it for the Private staff area forums but also the public forums as well. I do have the forum visible to public but new registrations are closed but I wouldn't think that would cause this issue? Any ideas?

• All settings and permissions are correct.
  • Still have problem with hooks disabled
  • This was working last night and there have been no changes
  • Same issue, all styles. (There's only two, Radio and the vB default.)

This is about forumdisplay.php - no threads being shown although there are threads in the forum.

Yeah it's a strange one, can't put my finger on it just yet. I'll give it another go later if ya don't figure it out.

Yeah it's a strange one, can't put my finger on it just yet. I'll give it another go later if ya don't figure it out.

Not sure what caused it but thankfully my host had conducted a backup at 3:30 this morning so I had them install the backup which now the forums are functional again..............Thank goodness. Talked with the person I had fixing the php issues and he stated he fixed the php issue I had asked him to first which I think might have caused the issue with the forum boards. That issue if you need to know was the albums/photos option in the user control panel php errors. I have disabled both social groups as well as the albums.photos options since the backup that was installed still presented php errors with those 2. Appreciate all your help

No I had someone from forumpromotion.net fixing the php errors or at least I thought that was what he was doing lol. Needless to say he won't be touching the site anymore lol after 5 and a half hours of waiting for him to reply to my messages to find out what exactly steps he took before the forum issue started.

Finally now I get a reply from him

Sent: 3 minutes ago
To: rsnf
Since it's vBulletin 3.8, there is no way to repair the errors. However, there is a way to cover them up, which is what I need. I never fixed them, just told vBulletin they weren't there, so to speak.

Most of the errors from each php file were due to the following code:

Code: Select all
=&

I simply changed that to

Code: Select all
=

For some reason, due to higher versions of PHP, it didn't like =&.

Well he is correct to a degree, but you don't need to remove any code, there might be code you can add to re-suppress the errors.

Open your includes/config.php file and below<?php add this line:

PHP:
 error_reporting(E_ALL ^ (E_NOTICE | E_WARNING | E_DEPRECATED));

So it looks like this:
PHP:
<?php
error_reporting(E_ALL ^ (E_NOTICE | E_WARNING | E_DEPRECATED));
/*======================================================================*\
|| #################################################################### ||
|| # vBulletin 3.8.4

If that don't do it, you could try this:

Open your includes/config.php file, remove what you added above, then below<?php add this line:

PHP:
 define('SKIP_ALL_ERRORS', true);

So it looks like this:
PHP:
<?php
define('SKIP_ALL_ERRORS', true);
|| # vBulletin 3.8.4

Or this:
Open your includes/config.php file, remove what you added above, then below<?php add this line:

PHP:
 ini_set("display_errors", "0");

So it looks like this:
PHP:
<?php
ini_set("display_errors", "0");
|| # vBulletin 3.8.4

One of the above might just suppress the errors.

Will wait for James lol As he is better and quicker at this than me lol. Appreciate it a lot Ozz

Back