• OzzModz is no longer taking registrations. All registrations are being redirected to Snog's Site
    All addons and support is available there now.

Addon [OzzModz] Registration Spaminator

Status
Not open for further replies.
1190 so far. No bots are getting through at all.
Human spammers, mainly from hong kong and india, are still a minor problem, but seems to be under control using spam phrases and moderation.
Updated Xenforo this morning with no problems. Is this released yet?

Ozzy47 updated [OzzModz] Registration Spaminator with a new update entry:

[OzzModz] Registration Spaminator Update 1.0.5

• Added a missing phrase.
  • Changed addon icon displayed in the ACP from a png icon to a font awesome icon.
  • Changed addon name to [OzzModz] Registration Spaminator.
  • Changed the template modifications from replacing the entire register_form and register_macros templates to changing only the required sections to make the addon XF compliant.

Read the rest of this update entry...

Ahhhh.. Stumbled across this and suddenly things make sense...

So on our forum we still manually authenticate new users... anyone that comes up on an ip or email match gets binned... usernames are obviously a little different and those are easily matched with no concern....

However over the last 3 weeks we have been hit with around 40 or 50 .ru users coming in from all across the world trying to register, bypassing (successfully) to get around the Capcha. I would REALLY like to be able to remove the manual intervention as it's getting ridiculous, but as these are coming in at the moment.. well it's just not gonna make it happen.

Looking forward to when this is released :D
Paul

Ahhhh.. Stumbled across this and suddenly things make sense...

So on our forum we still manually authenticate new users... anyone that comes up on an ip or email match gets binned... usernames are obviously a little different and those are easily matched with no concern....

However over the last 3 weeks we have been hit with around 40 or 50 .ru users coming in from all across the world trying to register, bypassing (successfully) to get around the Capcha. I would REALLY like to be able to remove the manual intervention as it's getting ridiculous, but as these are coming in at the moment.. well it's just not gonna make it happen.

Looking forward to when this is released :D
Paul

Hopefully in about three weeks.

2006 caught at Snogs.
9225 at mine.
1837 here at Ozzy's
NO spam getting through at either site. NO legitimate traffic blocked or interfered with in any way either.

2441 caught at Snogs.
9693 at mine.
2028 here at Ozzy's
NO spam getting through at either site. NO legitimate traffic blocked or interfered with in any way either.

Never even felt it, or noticed anything out of the ordinary. :)
Looking at the packet chart for the last week, there were a couple of spikes over the last couple days on incoming, but not bad.
My VPS isn't huge, but it's not bad either. It's a 1 and 1 Ionos, 6 core, 12 gig ram, with 240 gig SSD SAN storage. Ubuntu w/Plesk and 3 IP's, in the Kansas datacenter.
I'll be keeping an eye on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back