• OzzModz is no longer taking registrations. All registrations are being redirected to Snog's Site
    All addons and support is available there now.

PHP Errors After Site Move

HM666

Hello Chris, I moved my client's website to a new host and we upgraded vBulletin to 4.2.3. In the process the PHP was upgraded as well. Old site was running a different version from new site. Now we have these errors when I click on any of the sub links in the navbar.

Code:
PHP Warning: Illegal string offset 'pm_messagelist' in ..../includes/class_core.php(4730) : eval()'d code on line 146

PHP Warning: Illegal string offset 'pm_newpm' in ..../includes/class_core.php(4730) : eval()'d code on line 151

PHP Warning: Illegal string offset 'pm_trackpm' in ..../includes/class_core.php(4730) : eval()'d code on line 152

PHP Warning: Illegal string offset 'pm_editfolders' in ..../includes/class_core.php(4730) : eval()'d code on line 153

PHP Warning: Illegal string offset 'substhreads_editfolders' in ..../includes/class_core.php(4730) : eval()'d code on line 169

PHP Warning: Illegal string offset 'profile' in ..../includes/class_core.php(4730) : eval()'d code on line 180

PHP Warning: Illegal string offset 'profilepic' in ..../includes/class_core.php(4730) : eval()'d code on line 183

PHP Warning: Illegal string offset 'avatar' in ..../includes/class_core.php(4730) : eval()'d code on line 190

PHP Warning: Illegal string offset 'signature' in ..../includes/class_core.php(4730) : eval()'d code on line 197

PHP Warning: Illegal string offset 'privacy' in ..../includes/class_core.php(4730) : eval()'d code on line 204

PHP Warning: Illegal string offset 'password' in ..../includes/class_core.php(4730) : eval()'d code on line 216

PHP Warning: Illegal string offset 'options' in ..../includes/class_core.php(4730) : eval()'d code on line 217

PHP Warning: Illegal string offset 'ignorelist' in ..../includes/class_core.php(4730) : eval()'d code on line 232

PHP Warning: Illegal string offset 'paid_subscriptions' in ..../includes/class_core.php(4730) : eval()'d code on line 235

PHP Warning: Illegal string offset 'buddylist' in ..../includes/class_core.php(4730) : eval()'d code on line 247

PHP Warning: Illegal string offset 'event_reminders' in ..../includes/class_core.php(4730) : eval()'d code on line 252

PHP Warning: Illegal string offset 'attachments' in ..../includes/class_core.php(4730) : eval()'d code on line 262

PHP Warning: Illegal string offset 'deleteditems' in ..../includes/class_core.php(4730) : eval()'d code on line 276

PHP Warning: Illegal string offset 'moderateditems' in ..../includes/class_core.php(4730) : eval()'d code on line 314

PHP Warning: Illegal string offset 'newitems' in ..../includes/class_core.php(4730) : eval()'d code on line 367

Hope you can help as the classifieds is a crucial part of the site.

Things I have tried already:

1. Optimizing Tables
2. Repairing Tables
3. Uninstall Product, then reinstall product
4. Checked suspect file versions (since all errors have to do with class_core.php)
5. Fixed broken user profiles (again seems errors deal with profile related database tables)

Last edited:
Open the classifieds_usercp file and remove this line

Code:
'USERCP_SHELL',

I think that will do it. I am doing this from memory.

When you had this product uninstalled, did these problems disappear?

Hey Max upon further inspection I found that the errors were actually caused by DBTech's vBShout. They have pretty much refused to answer a support ticket that has been submitted by my client on this matter. It was submitted at least a week ago and we have gotten total crickets. Its a real shame because my client has spent a lot of money on DBTech stuff and pretty much nothing works well at all. :(

EDIT: OMG! I just went back and checked on the post that was made on DBTech's forum asking why we could not download the PRO version of the software and we got a response that said that my client never bought any PRO versions from them. I have his receipt, he spent over $1300 on software off that site, none of which works as it should and only about 2 things we have been able to keep at all on the site without coding or template errors!!! This is unbelievable!

Last edited:
Hey Max upon further inspection I found that the errors were actually caused by DBTech's vBShout. They have pretty much refused to answer a support ticket that has been submitted by my client on this matter. It was submitted at least a week ago and we have gotten total crickets. Its a real shame because my client has spent a lot of money on DBTech stuff and pretty much nothing works well at all. :(
Based on the errors you posted, I half expected as much. Not that it was a DBT product causing the issues, but that it wasn't this product.

And yeah, DBT doesn't want to do support at vBorg, they insist you sign onto their forum for support, then don't give it there either.

May I suggest a thread about your DBT problems, at vBorg? Might shake some crickets loose.

EDIT: OMG! I just went back and checked on the post that was made on DBTech's forum asking why we could not download the PRO version of the software and we got a response that said that my client never bought any PRO versions from them. I have his receipt, he spent over $1300 on software off that site, none of which works as it should and only about 2 things we have been able to keep at all on the site without coding or template errors!!! This is unbelievable!
Oh my frikkin goodness.

Yeah have not heard back from my client yet, hopefully he did not have a heart attack or something when he saw the email. :(

Back