• OzzModz is no longer taking registrations. All registrations are being redirected to Snog's Site
    All addons and support is available there now.

PHP Update Questions

EasyEazy

In the process of updating my websites. Already done my forum to the latest version. Now for the joomla side of things however due to the upgrade I need to change PHP version.

Currently running an older version of 5.2. The new joomla set up needs 5.4. I have already checked the requirements for vbulletin and 5.4 works fine.

Is it as simple as asking my host up date the version of PHP for me? Once they have done that would I see better performance of my vbulletin forum?

Is there anything I should look out for or do first before upgrading apart from taking a full server backup? Any help is appreciated.

Yeah all they need to do is update the PHP version. I don't know if it will have positive a effect on performance though, but nothing negitive. You can always take a backup to be on the safe side.

Yeah all they need to do is update the PHP version. I don't know if it will have positive a effect on performance though, but nothing negitive. You can always take a backup to be on the safe side.

Another question mate.

Will the upgrade effect any of my mods?

Back