• OzzModz is no longer taking registrations. All registrations are being redirected to Snog's Site
    All addons and support is available there now.

September 22nd 2014 News

Ozzy47

Administrator
This Weeks News

This week we have vulnerability updates for the following mods. Which you should update them immediately.
[OzzModz] Classifieds
[OzzModz] Reviews

Plus some new mods,
[OzzModz] Minimum Characters In First Post ( e.g. ) Thread Starter Available for vB versions 3.6.x through 4.x.x
[OzzModz] Users Homepage In Postbit Available for vB versions 3.6.x through 4.x.x
[OzzModz] Closed Thread Title Markup Available for vB4 versions

Vulnerability Updates:
[OzzModz] Classifieds v2.4.1 has been released. Patched some vulnerability's that was found in the mod. No sites were affected by this, it was just found by Dave and now is patched. This was in the mod since Christos coded it, so it has been there from day one.

[OzzModz] Reviews v1.4.1 has been released. Patched some vulnerability's that was found in the mod. No sites were affected by this, it was just found by Dave and now is patched. This was in the mod since Christos coded it, so it has been there from day one.

Upload all the files, then import the XML, allowing overwrite.

Feature Request Updates:
None at this time.

New Mods Released:
vB 4.x.x
[OzzModz] Minimum Characters In First Post ( e.g. ) Thread Starter v1.0.0 has been released. This mod will allow admins to set a minimum character count in the first post of a thread, ( e.g. ) thread starter.

[OzzModz] Users Homepage In Postbit v1.0.0 has been released. This mod will add a Homepage Icon in the postbit, if a member has one set.

[OzzModz] Closed Thread Title Markup v1.0.0 has been released. This mod will add custom text markup to closed thread titles on the FORUMDISPLAY page.

vB 3.8.x
[OzzModz] Minimum Characters In First Post ( e.g. ) Thread Starter v1.0.0 has been released. This mod will allow admins to set a minimum character count in the first post of a thread, ( e.g. ) thread starter.

[OzzModz] Users Homepage In Postbit v1.0.0 has been released. This mod will add a Homepage Icon in the postbit, if a member has one set.

vB 3.7.x

vB 3.6.x

Miscellaneous News:
Blocked Bots On OzzModz Forumhome Block Changed
I changed the look of the, Blocked Bots On OzzModz block. You can see this block above the What's Going On area, by clicking on this link, Naughty Bots & Spiders :)
What this does is take the counts from various spam mods I have installed and shows the total spiders, bots and spammers that were blocked. I added a count for the rename register.php mod as well. The numbers for all the bots/spammers blocked is pretty amazing.

Mod Of The Month At vB.org
There is only eight days left to vote in this month, so if you have not voted yet please do so. :)
This month there are four of my mods up for MOTM:

along with another mod by another developer, Similar Threads After The First Post - VB4 - By AioNets.com. So if you have not yet voted for MOTM this moth, please do so by going to the MOTM thread, MOTM for September 2014 - vBulletin.org Forum and vote for your favorite mod, even if it is not one of mine. All the developers appreciate the nominations, and the votes.

Upcoming Mods
I am still working on a few other mods. One is the thing I use to show Founder Of OzzModz in my posts, you can see a screenshot here, OzzModz
This will be based on userid so you could use it for just yourself, or for a few individuals.

The other mod is a button in the header (or somewhere, have not quite figured out what to do with it yet), that will toggle your invisible status on/off. This can be useful for those of you that change it often.

As always, thanks for reading, and thanks for being a member of OzzModz. :)

Chris

Discuss this news here.

Back