• OzzModz is no longer taking registrations. All registrations are being redirected to Snog's Site
    All addons and support is available there now.

Should OzzModz get a ShoutBox?

Should OzzModz get a ShoutBox?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ozzy47

Administrator
I do have a license for the DBTech shout, so I can add it on here. Question is, would the members like to see one.

Now it would not be used for support, just chit chat between the members that happen to be hanging around.

I don't know how much I could participate in it, as I have my hand full. :)

What is the purpose of adding the shoutbox here? Is is to discuss the support related topics.....If so what about the threads and posts? I think creating a separate section for chit-chat will be useful.

I think it would hurt more then good a solution or issue my get solved in a chat and we may never know the outcome of it unless it is in a thread!

lol
there are a lot of sites big to small that have chat boxes not one of them has solved things in chat cause they dont allow it and if they do its their site. maybe ozzy dont have to woory about this but in my years of running forums i have found that when i have a chat box i get more members hanging around then when i didnt have it alot of members flew in got the info they needed and left right away.. i personally like to keep my member base sticking around cause they invite more . in today's age of social sites ect peeps like interaction ..now if you asked me if i participate in chat very little

oh well

As I stated in the first post, it would not be for support, like@jjohns12 said, if issues were solved in there, other members would not know how to solve a similar issue, and I would forget what to do. :p

It would be more just for idle chit chat, between members when the were on here looking for something, like [MENTION=15]Steris56[/MENTION] said.

Sure it could be done in a forum, but without refreshing the page, you would not know if someone replied to you. Basically we want members to hang out for a bit, and socialize. :)

I have it on one of my sites, it was great for all of 5 minutes,
Now none uses it, although I have it set to pull in many things like members who have reached x amount of posts and so on,,,,,

Thing about it is Ozzy... The shoutbox content does nothing for your SEO. It's not indexable content. So really, you WANT your chit-chat to be going on in the forums not in the ether. You want the scuttlebutt and the chat indexed. JMO.

I use the vsa chat myself.. no files to up and it gets the job done fine. A chat is nice for the ones who like to hang out and not everything needs to make it into a post. It is pretty useful when helping others as well..

I didn't vote.. Not because I think it is a good idea or bad idea..
If it exists, people may use it, they may not? It does offer a choice and I can't see it doing any harm..

Any, well done Mr Modz... Great job here but what was I to expect other than that?

In several of the above posts speaking of support on the chatbox. Most every vb site I've been to (including my own) has rules that state the chatbox is just for small talk. That's why it's called a "chatbox". Chat is small talk. No more than a line or two of text.

I would favor a chatbox.

In several of the above posts speaking of support on the chatbox. Most every vb site I've been to (including my own) has rules that state the chatbox is just for small talk. That's why it's called a "chatbox". Chat is small talk. No more than a line or two of text.

I would favor a chatbox.

It is already there, it is below the forums. :)

Back