• OzzModz is no longer taking registrations. All registrations are being redirected to Snog's Site
    All addons and support is available there now.

Testing A New Mod

Ozzy47

Administrator
I have recently finished up another mini mod, that will allow admins to display the first post on all pages.

It can be set by forums, or thread id's. And with a little bit of knowledge, it can be made to have different colors for elements, if the first post is on any other pages that the first.

To see it in action, you can go here, Should OzzModz get a ShoutBox? or here, The Era Of Big Spam Is Over

In both of those threads, check out the first page, then navigate to the second page and check it out.

Let me know what you guys think. :peep:

It's a good concept, but I personally don't like it. I think it is rather confusing. Have you thought of possible uses?

I think it would be useful in a discussion forum, such as the ones I linked to. So if you navigate to any page besides the first one, you know what everyone is talking about in the thread, rather than going back to the first page to read the original post.

I was confused by it until it got shaded. I think vB dot org has this where it is collapsible and remembers your selection - might be a useful addition to this.

I was confused by it until it got shaded. I think vB dot org has this where it is collapsible and remembers your selection - might be a useful addition to this.

They have the mod running, or it is a mod available for download?

Funny thing is, I had just started on this mod, and then saw you were looking for it on vb.org, so maybe our brainwaves got crossed somehow. :lol:

Yes, it may be something in the air (or water, or whatever). :D

Anyway, there's really no good and supported mod for vB4 that does this. There's for older versions (not really read about them), but vB4 needs it.

i like the concept will this have user permissions on who can view this ??

also when you look at first page the 1st post looks normal and when you look at second page the original post is highlighted is that supposed to be that way ???

btw Ozzy like that founder title in the post nice touch

I had not planned on it, but I suppose I can add usergroup setting to the mod.

Yes it is supposed to be like that. By default it is not, the post would look like a normal post.

As for the Founder, that is another mod I am working on. :)

Looks like I might release this for vB4 only, unless of course there is a high demand for vB3, it is not compatible it seems.

This has now been released. :laser:

You can grab a copy of the mod at vB.org here or grab it on OzzModz here

Just remember to mark it as installed at vB.org, so you will get update notifications for the mod.

I should have it ready by the end of the weekend, I want to get it working on the vB3 series as well before releasing it. If you subscribe to this forum, http://ozzmodz.com/forumdisplay.php?72-News-Discussion you will get a notice when I make the announcement of the release.

Your "Founder of OzzModz" isn't working on this post. Possibly due to that new plugin you were working on? It combined everything into one line from my view in Google Chrome.

Back