• OzzModz is no longer taking registrations. All registrations are being redirected to Snog's Site
    All addons and support is available there now.

Anyone know of a safe reliable way to restrict email notifications of db errors?

MarkFL

Hello all!

Sometimes my inbox can receive hundreds of emails regarding database errors, and I was wondering if anyone here knew of a way to restrict duplicates being sent within a certain time period, say 30 minutes. I like to get the notifications, but I would only like to receive duplicates if the error has not been resolved after 30 minutes.

From what I have seen, these are errors of the type "MySQL server has gone away" and are generated in copious proliferation if the server is down even for a few minutes as our users load pages. I am just looking for a way to get one notification of a particular type and then not get the same type of error over and over within the period of a few minutes. :D

Talk to your host about the MySQL server has gone away error as only they can fix it unless you can do either of these to fix it

• Server timed out and closed the connection. To fix, check that “wait_timeout” mysql variable in your my.cnf configuration file is large enough.
  • Server dropped an incorrect or too large packet. If mysqld gets a packet that is too large or incorrect, it assumes that something has gone wrong with the client and closes the connection. To fix, you can increase the maximal packet size limit “max_allowed_packet” in my.cnf file, eg. set max_allowed_packet = 128M, then sudo /etc/init.d/mysql restart

Back