• OzzModz is no longer taking registrations. All registrations are being redirected to Snog's Site
    All addons and support is available there now.

Cms

mort2412

Is there a way to allow someone access to admin the CMS system on 4.2.2 only, I know I can make them an Administrator in the additional usergroups in their profile and then set their permissions in 'Usergroups' > 'Administrator Permissions' to only 'Can Administer vBCms'

However with some custom mods like:

DB Tech - vBCensor, vBDonate, vBQuiz, Gallery
OzzModz - Welcome Thread
vbsoccer

And board features like:

Panjo
Announcements
Moderation
API

they can change settings which I do not want them having access to, so is there a way to do this or an add-on to det this up. If not would this be a mod that can be created by someone?

If so I'll put in a request.

Quickest way to do it is open the includes/xml/cpnav_vbulletin.xml file and look for the groups you want to remove for them.

Lets say for instance the vBulletin API group, you would look for the following:
Code:
<navgroup phrase="api" hr="true" displayorder="280">

And change it to this:
Code:
<navgroup phrase="api" hr="true" permissions="canadminplugins" displayorder="280">

Now only admins that can administer plugins will see that menu.

Ozzy you are a genius, thank you, if I had asked this on the vbulletin community support I'd be waiting days possibly weeks for an answer.

407.gif

LOL it would depend on who was on at the time, and how many other threads buried yours.

Just remember, you will have to redo this each time you upgrade the site.

LOL it would depend on who was on at the time, and how many other threads buried yours.

Just remember, you will have to redo this each time you upgrade the site.

Will do, was thinking (I really shouldn't because it causes problems) all these cpnav things in includes/xml is it possible to create 1 big cpnav file? for instance adding ozzmodz/dbtech cpnav info into the cpnav_vbulletin.xml file

Back