• OzzModz is no longer taking registrations. All registrations are being redirected to Snog's Site
    All addons and support is available there now.

Doesn't work on vB4.2.3

mark645

[MENTION=1]Ozzy47[/MENTION];
[MENTION=188]Seven Skins[/MENTION];
Y5gsplG.png

I tried it now and I realised if I hover over the title, I can see the message over there. That's not the tooltip, is it?

Bugs:
1) If the user uses BB codes, hyperlinks, size, bold, font etc that isn't shown.
2) If I go to page 2 & hover over the title, nothing appears. If I go back to page 1 and hover over the title nothing appears. I have to refresh the page to see on page 1 again. If I increase PMs to display on page 1, that stops the messages from appearing when I hover over the title too.

Wouldn't it be better if the message appears in full, if the title is clicked?
For instance, a pop out window appears showing it as a 'preview' post.
The hover feature can remain (appearing in the tooltip), but this extra suggestion would also be very helpful.

Last edited:
Nevermind.
I fixed the issue.

You know that 1 user you had before whose problem you couldn't solve? (Nirjonadda)
I had the exact same problem as him.
I went to includes/config.php and edited 'mysqli' to 'mysql' & from my webhost (cPanel) I changed from PHP 5.5 to 5.4 and that fixed the problem :)

Last edited:
Okay new problem:
If I click the title of the PM, nothing happens.
Aren't I supposed to be able to see the message?

I too have vb4.2.3 and php5.5x and am having issues as well. No with Mysqli or Mysql but I guess PHP. How did you change the PHP and where? And this cause other issues in VB since in needs to run on PHP5.5x?
I included my errors that showed in the background of the page when calling pmspy.php
Code:
PHP Warning: mysql_query(): Access denied for user 'nolimitreef'@'localhost' (using password: NO) in ..../christeris/datagrid/class/phpmydatagrid.class.php on line 355

PHP Warning: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in ..../christeris/datagrid/class/phpmydatagrid.class.php on line 355

PHP Warning: mysql_query(): Access denied for user 'nolimitreef'@'localhost' (using password: NO) in ..../christeris/datagrid/class/phpmydatagrid.class.php on line 355

PHP Warning: mysql_query(): A link to the server could not be established in ..../christeris/datagrid/class/phpmydatagrid.class.php on line 355

PHP Warning: mysql_fetch_array() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in ..../christeris/datagrid/class/phpmydatagrid.class.php on line 357

PHP Warning: mysql_fetch_array() expects parameter 1 to be resource, boolean given in ..../christeris/datagrid/class/phpmydatagrid.class.php on line 357
 No Limit Reef - Powered by vBulletin
Thanks

You need to grant permissions to 'nolimitreef' user in MySQL. You can use phpMyAdmin and grant permission going to USERS tabs in phpMyAdmin.
PS. It is not a good idea to use MySQL without password.

[MENTION=188]Seven Skins[/MENTION];
Y5gsplG.png

I tried it now and I realised if I hover over the title, I can see the message

Bugs:
1) If the user uses BB codes, hyperlinks, size, bold, font etc that isn't shown.
2) If I go to page 2 & hover over the title, nothing appears. If I go back to page 1 and hover over the title nothing appears. I have to refresh the page to see on page 1 again. If I increase PMs to display on page 1, that stops the messages from appearing when I hover over the title too.

Shouldn't the message just appear, if the title is clicked?

Wouldn't it be better if the message appears in full, if the title is clicked?
The hover feature can remain (appearing in the tooltip), but this extra suggestion would also be very helpful.

Last edited:
Back