• OzzModz is no longer taking registrations. All registrations are being redirected to Snog's Site
    All addons and support is available there now.

Figured out why the text formatting problem is happening.

robbyg

Hi Ozzy

I just figured out why some people may not be having the same issue I am having with the reviews addon.

I noticed in the latest release you just blocked secondary reviews. I have no problems with that as I was unable to approve/moderate them, so it's better the way you fixed it.

The problem that still happens and I noticed that even the original version 1,0 had the problem is that if you write a review, when it is saved all the text formatting goes away and all you have is one big pile of un-formatted text. All the line feeds are gone.

Now the reason I think you have not noticed this problem is that if you turn off the "Admin approval" for the reviews then the reviews for regular members come out perfectly. If you turn ON the Admin approval then the regular user who write a review will see a single paragraph of text with no line spaces or indentations.

So if you Ozzy have Admin status and test the program it works fine, but if you create a regular user account and go to ACP - usergroups - usergroup manager - registered users and then edit that user group and turn on under "Reviews Permision" the setting "Reviews need Admin aproval". When you log in under another name as a regular user and write a review and then try to look at it after it is saved all the text formatting is gone!

If the admin approves the review the formatting is still gone. Only the Admin can write a review that keeps the text formatting intact if the approval is turned on.

I think when the review requires approval the database its stored in strips away all the formatting data.

Please let me know if you can replicate this issue.

Thanks
Robert

Well at this point I am just about to give up. I know saying anything negative is not going to get me anywhere and I do appreciate the review software, but without some fixes it's pretty much not something I can use. The real pity is that IMO it is much better at the core design than the Dragonbyte version which I think is pretty much a clone of this software with a different slant. They have fixed certain issues that this version has but at the same time they still also have bugs and have changed the styling so much that it really is not nearly as good as Ozzy version. I would honestly pay good money to have the Ozzy version fixed and I don't care if that fixed version is made publicly available. But so far I feel like I am almost alone in my appreciation of this software potential and I guess that's why its not a priority. I have patiently waited more than a year and I guess it's just not going to happen.

For anybody trying to fix the jumbled into one paragraph problem I can tell you that it is not the wyswig editor setting. I tried using the default editor and the problem still persist. (remember you have to log in as a regular member and have permissions set to for admin to moderate the reviews). I also tried the DragonByte version and the overall page look plus the way it handles image sizing are terrible.

Last edited:
Back