• OzzModz is no longer taking registrations. All registrations are being redirected to Snog's Site
    All addons and support is available there now.

Help with custom theme

rusty

Please read thread here to get an understanding of the issue:
3.8.4 to 3.8.7 - Template Issues - vBulletin.org Forum

Max kindly took a look, fixed the security token issue. However I wish to keep the custom formatting of the top forum.
mm_zpse97ad9ab.jpg

This is the index.php file that Max asked for:
Download index.php from Sendspace.com - send big files the easy way

And his pointed me here to get help.

Thanks in advance

My feeling is, since this is a test site and was upgraded to vB3.8.7, that a file or a template somewhere was overwritten - or, you have a different .htaccess file for the test site.

If this is the only thing still wrong with your test site I think it is time to take it live and see if this problem cleans itself up. It just might.

If not, we'll figure it out and fix it.

If it's the only problem left, it is a quite minor one don't you think?

And going live with the update might alone, fix it.

If it doesn't, then we have only one place to look.

This is how to solve the issue:

Copy the templates:
Code:
forumhome_forumbit_columncell
forumhome_forumbit_level1_nopost
forumhome_forumbit_level1_post
forumhome_forumbit_level2_post

And upload the 4 images to the $stylevar[imgdir_statusicon] directory

Thanks for bailing me out on this [MENTION=1]Ozzy47[/MENTION]... Sometimes I wade in too deep!

For the reader - there was alot of skype involved.

Thanks for all your help guys.

I've made the upgrade. Done the edits. Unfortunately the images are still missing!

I would just restore the backup then, maybe there is something other than the template edits is making it show like that.

But what I don't understand, is 1, why you would need to do the template edits on the live site, they were already done, and 2, if you did the edits, not only are the images not showing, the structure is not having any effect either.

But what I don't understand, is 1, why you would need to do the template edits on the live site, they were already done, and 2, if you did the edits, not only are the images not showing, the structure is not having any effect either.
Who said anything about edits for the live site?

Your instructions were to copy the templates from the live site and install them on the dev site, right?

[MENTION=1]Ozzy47[/MENTION] I've lost the edits on upgrade and need to do them again.

Can I get your help please dude!

I agree with Max Taxable that if this is the only thing still wrong with your test site I think it is time to take it live and see if this problem cleans itself up. So just it might.

Back