• OzzModz is no longer taking registrations. All registrations are being redirected to Snog's Site
    All addons and support is available there now.

IP's - Strange

mort2412

Just been checking random account in my admin panel.

When I click 'Find more users with this ip' it comes up as my admin account has used that particular ip, so I selected 'view other ip addresses for this user' and there's a huge list of different ip's I have used on the site when I know for a fact there should only be 3 different ip's

Can anyone explain this?

Yes, what is happening is it is using the registering users ID number to make the post. I just noticed that myself the other day. :)

Ah right, bit strange for it to do that, is it deliberate or is there a way to stop it happening?

I'm amazed at the places I've travelled to lol

Try this XML, and when the next member joins, go to the post and hover over the IP button, and see what the IP is. I am trying it out on here as well,the ip should come up blank.

Removed XML and added new one to post #9

[MENTION=30]mort2412[/MENTION] I would go back to the old XML, I noticed a issue with this one. When the user clicks on the activation link, it just takes them to a blank page. I will look into this when I get some more users that sign up, and see if I can figure out what's up with the ip's.

EDIT: actually use this XML, this will set the IP to 000.000.000

Sorry for the confusion, but the last XML was just a quick edit, and was not tested, this one is. :)

Back