• OzzModz is no longer taking registrations. All registrations are being redirected to Snog's Site
    All addons and support is available there now.

Issue with multi-quote and quick reply

MarkFL

Hello everyone,

I am trying to provide support to a user at vBorg that downloaded an add-on of mine that strips BBCodes from quotes.

He asserts that when he installs my product, and then clicks the multi-quote button and (using the quick reply) posts a new post which shows up on a page after that on which the post that was selected for multi-quote is located, the multi-quote button is not automatically deselected for that post.

Now, I find this happens to me on my local dev site whether or not the add-on in question is installed, and in fact a google search turns up information regarding this being a known bug for many flavors of vBulletin 4. Have you all noticed this being an issue on your dev/live sites?

The user at vBorg maintains that his forum behaves correctly when he uninstalls my add-on. I want to resolve this issue, but I cannot reproduce what he asserts, and I think either I am not or he is not testing correctly. So, I was curious if anyone here knows more about this issue, and whether it is in fact the way vBulletin 4.2.x behaves.

I have little experience with the quick reply option because I am involved with math help forums that use LaTeX powered by MathJax, and the quick reply does not work well because the page needs to be re-rendered in order for the LaTeX code to be parsed. Thus, we disable the quick reply.

Anyway, if anyone knows more about this issue, I would appreciate some feedback so I can be certain if I am correct or not. :D

I would ask him for admin credentials, so you can look around and see for yourself what is actually happening.

The user at vBorg has actually admitted that he has found that the behavior I described happens without my product being installed, and apologized for misrepresentation. :D

Back