• OzzModz is no longer taking registrations. All registrations are being redirected to Snog's Site
    All addons and support is available there now.

It would be nice for an outside opinion

Disco_Dave

Hi Guys

Our site as been running from 2008, starting out with vB3.x.x I was left to run the forum in 2010. (But I'am one of the originally founders) Having no experience in the back end or the www. I started reading vb.org everyday and vb.com and by 2011, I had started to re-do our vb3 skin to work on vb4.x.x This skin is totally designed in house by myself, the logo was done by the originally admin. Status icons etc where all done by this novice...lol

We our a small community, and a niche club. All surrounding Reefs and Salt water fish.

PHP:
Login details for nirc.co.uk

Username: ozzmodz
Password: zdomzzo

Thanks in advanced
Dave

Sorry forgot to add, we have our chrimbo theme on, but it's just a bit of snow and a Christmas hat on our logo, if you could see through that.

When trying to check new posts, or anything else even go to the main forum page:

You have empty profile fields that are required to be filled in. Please click here to edit your profile and update these fields.

Less than cool IMO. It's a hijack.

When trying to check new posts, or anything else even go to the main forum page:

You have empty profile fields that are required to be filled in. Please click here to edit your profile and update these fields.

Less than cool IMO. It's a hijack.

Sorry [MENTION=3]Max Taxable[/MENTION] I'll fix that now! it's so peeps fill out there real names. Not sure what you mean about it's a hijack?!

Last edited:
It's a hijack because it won't let the user do the requested task at his own time and pace - it hijacks the forum experience because it shuts you out until you do what you are told. That's the opposite of a helpful reminder.

Sorry [MENTION=3]Max Taxable[/MENTION], that wasn't my intentions at all.
That's okay Man this is one of the reasons ya ask for reviews. Haven't gotten around to taking another look yet since couldn't see much.

But first impressions count and before I tried to navigate around I did see the main page and was impressed. Not too junky, not too bare. Frosty driving the snowplow at the bottom is cute. Overall the style is pleasing to the eye, not garish or lurid at all. i will post again when i am able to see more.

Cheers. I have this sorted for that account for testing. I spouse I could remove those check boxes for required fields? But if your are signing up you fill this out.

So that stuff is required on signup therefore a normal user wouldn't get the hijack? That's good.

Dave - Good looking site there. I would recommend moving the top 5 stats to the bottom of the page. In my opinion, I don't really like 'clutter' at the top of the site like that.

Uhm. One more thing. I would add a link to "New Posts" and "Posts Today" in the main NavBar at the top. We did that on our site, and the members LOVE it.

Last edited:
Dave - Good looking site there. I would recommend moving the top 5 stats to the bottom of the page. In my opinion, I don't really like 'clutter' at the top of the site like that.

Uhm. One more thing. I would add a link to "New Posts" and "Posts Today" in the main NavBar at the top. We did that on our site, and the members LOVE it.

I only have the lite version of this product, and as far as I know this is a pro feature. To move it to below the forums. Thanks for taking a look :D

Good point Austin but Dave - actually HIDE the top stats from visitors if they're not already.

Only our members get to see all these stats and Banter Box ;)

Back