• OzzModz is no longer taking registrations. All registrations are being redirected to Snog's Site
    All addons and support is available there now.

Johnson says he's spoken with Romney about an endorsement

Luke Skywalker

Super Moderator
{vb:raw ozzmodz_postquote}:
636053172863217050-XXX-DNC-GaryJohnson-01-1173.JPG
Libertarian presidential candidate Gary Johnson speaks with USA TODAY's Paul Singer during the 2016 Democratic National Convention in Philadelphia on July 28, 2016.<span style="color: Red;">*</span>(Photo: Kelly Jordan, USA TODAY)

PHILADELPHIA —<span style="color: Red;">*</span>Libertarian Party nominee Gary Johnson says he has discussed a possible endorsement with<span style="color: Red;">*</span>Mitt Romney.
“We have spoken with him,” Johnson said during a USA TODAY Newsmaker<span style="color: Red;">*</span>event in Philadelphia Thursday. The former New Mexico governor<span style="color: Red;">*</span>acknowledged, however, that it’s not easy to endorse someone from another party.
“I appreciate how someone who has been an elected Republican or Democrat or is elected in those positions,<span style="color: Red;">*</span>how difficult it is to cross over that line. So I respect that,<span style="color: Red;">*</span>and I respect those individuals on their own accord making those decisions,” Johnson said.
Earlier Thursday on CNN, Johnson said that Romney was considering the possibility of endorsing him and his running<span style="color: Red;">*</span>mate, former Massachusetts governor<span style="color: Red;">*</span>Bill Weld.
The 2012 GOP presidential nominee<span style="color: Red;">*</span>has said he would not back his party's 2016 standard-bearer, Donald Trump.
Romney told CNN in June that he would not “rule out” supporting Johnson, adding that he would<span style="color: Red;">*</span>“look at what he has to say.”
Romney also said that if Weld was at the top of the ticket, “it would be very easy” to support him.
In the USA TODAY interview, Johnson also discussed whether he would consider sending troops into Syria to battle the Islamic State.
“I don’t think sending troops is the answer,” he said, before adding<span style="color: Red;">*</span>that there were some circumstances where troops could be required.
“Never say never as president of the United States," he said.
[h=4]Posted![/h]A link has been posted to your Facebook feed.