• OzzModz is no longer taking registrations. All registrations are being redirected to Snog's Site
    All addons and support is available there now.

Love the Avenger style

GaryT

I to run the Avenger style. I ran it back when it first came out. But, SeamusLight for some reason seems to work better for me on a site such as this. (support type site) That's my 2 cents :nerd:

TBH I don't like lite colored styles, they are hard on my eyes, that is why I prefer darker ones. :)

TBH I don't like lite colored styles, they are hard on my eyes, that is why I prefer darker ones. :)
That's why all your jobs that require alot of screen staring have dark backgrounds. Air traffic, submarine and warship controls, even fishing boats. The dark BG is simply easier on the eyes.

Where you run into issues is when someone whose eyes are conditioned for the abuse of light backgrounds, the dark BG's seem to "hurt" their eyes. What it really is? Their eyes saying "ahhhhh."

LOL yeah, I can't see how a light style could be easier for a site such as this, perhaps Gary will explain a bit more when he can.

I know I have read the articles around that say sites with lighter styles are more successful, except for niche sites such as gaming sites, but IMO that is a bunch of rubbish.

People just get conditioned to the abuse and get stubborn, refuse to give the dark styles some time for their eyes to adjust to the non abusive format.

Back