• OzzModz is no longer taking registrations. All registrations are being redirected to Snog's Site
    All addons and support is available there now.

Make Forums (thread counts, post counts, last posts) Private for Unregistered

ScoobyDoo

Hello, could anyone help me? I'm trying to make my forum Private to Unregistered/Not Logged On. I'd found the following, where one said:

To do this, go to

AdminCP > Usergroups > Usergroup Manager > Unregistered/Not Logged In > Edit

Set

Can View Thread Content > No
Can View Others Threads > No

Then go to

AdminCP > Forums & Moderators > Forum Permissions

Deny access to all categories for Unregistered/Not Logged In by clicking Edit next to this usergroup for every category then click Use Custom Permissions and change Can View Forum to No.

Finally, go to

AdminCP > vBulletin Options > vBulletin Options > Forum Listing Display Options > Show Private Forums > Yes - Hide Post Counts

This will completely stop unregistered users from viewing the contents of your forums and will also not show the number of posts and threads in each forum to them.

But that didn't seem to work as 'some' say "Private", but the Thread and Post Count is still visible, and the forums that don't have any Threads/Posts just say "Never". Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Go to the forum permissions, click on the forum you are tying to hide, click "hide from all" then submit. THEN go back to the same page and edit only the usergroups you want to be able to see the forum.

Go to the forum permissions, click on the forum you are tying to hide, click "hide from all" then submit. THEN go back to the same page and edit only the usergroups you want to be able to see the forum.

Hello Max Table, and as always thank you for the reply! I don't want to actually hide it, I'd just like it to say 'Private' as it does now. I'd like the Public to see that it is in fact there, but I'd like the #'s of Thread / Posts in each to be shown as 'Private' as well if that's possible.

Actually, by doing this, will this hurt the SEO aspect being how right now Google and others are 'Viewing No Permission' message?

Thank you Max Table!

Last edited:
Back