• OzzModz is no longer taking registrations. All registrations are being redirected to Snog's Site
    All addons and support is available there now.

Moving avatars and attachments from database to file system

Disco_Dave

Hi Guys

I done the above but for the live of me, I can't find where to correct the paths so that the profile pics and avatars show. Any of you guys mite no where I'm going wrong?

Ended up moving it back to the database to get them to show again.

Dave

There must be a way
Rasta_maun_by_deejaylobo.gif

Avatars are currently being served from the filesystem at ./customavatars
Profile pictures are currently being served from the filesystem at ./customprofilepics
Signature pictures are currently being served from the filesystem at ./signaturepics

Attachments are currently being stored in the filesystem at ../attachments

Avatars are currently being served from the filesystem at ./customavatars
Profile pictures are currently being served from the filesystem at ./customprofilepics
Signature pictures are currently being served from the filesystem at ./signaturepics

Attachments are currently being stored in the filesystem at ../attachments

Yes this what it says ok, but non of the images show.

IIRC after moving them you have to rebuild them in maintenance, did you do that?

Yes [MENTION=1]Ozzy47[/MENTION] First thing I did. It's like you need to re-eneter the file paths somewhere. But I couldn't seem to find anywhere to do that..

Ok then the last thing I can think of is, safe mode must be turned off to store these in the file system.

You can see if it is off or on by going to Maintenance --> View PHP Info

Perhaps ask on vB.org, describe everything we have been over in this thread, and maybe someone else will have a idea. I wish I knew, but I have exhausted any reasons I have come across for that to happen.

I think it may be to do with us having a default avatar for registered members, they do have an option to upload their own. But if they don't it's set to the default one. This is the only one I was having problems with, everyone that had uploaded their own worked when transferring them from the database to file system.

Back