• OzzModz is no longer taking registrations. All registrations are being redirected to Snog's Site
    All addons and support is available there now.

Necessary comands in htaccess file

stratos

We read about htaccess file and many several commands.
I want to ask what mainly necessary commands needed for a forum?

Nope, I tried that and had some issue to my live forum (don't remember right now), I have read a lot every where about htaccess file
It seems that its very good idea to have one, but don't know what is good and what is not

Thanks any way for the answer.

What was the issue, I would try it again and see. It is designed to increase speed, as well as some added security benefits.

As I say above I don't remember, I must try it again to see or remember. (when i test i will post the issue)

If you want, the easiest way for me to trouble shoot which line(s) might be causing the issue is to PM me your FTP info, as well as a link to the site. Then I can go through the .htaccess and configure it for your site properly.

Thanks but I don't think its something so matter and go on with ftp and all situation.
To do this it must be something worthy

I opened thread to know and learn what is best to use, for testing they are thousands out there.

Actually I find which lines was, otherwise I had Internal Server Error.
When I test again I will feedback. All this information I found it in a txt I make when I have problem when testing mod or what else :)
Don't have more info until test again.

Back