• OzzModz is no longer taking registrations. All registrations are being redirected to Snog's Site
    All addons and support is available there now.

[OzzModz] ACP Authentication (vB4) (vB3.8) v1.0.1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ozzy47

Administrator
Another mod brought to you by,
OzzModz.png

This is a small mod that will allow admins to set up htaccess login for their ACP, without file edits, or cpanel.

It is a simple installation, just import the product XML, ozzmodz_secure_acp

You can edit the options under the settings, [OzzModz] ACP Authentication Settings

Once you set up the options, you can then share the username and password with all your members that are allowed to access the ACP.

Note: If you forget the username or the password, or have a problem logging in, just add the following to the includes/config.php right below the <?php tag :

PHP:
define('DISABLE_HOOKS', true);

Then you can assess your ACP, and make the necessary adjustments to the mods settings, then remove that line from the includes/config.php

Note: If you have never edited your includes/config.php before, please read this first, Editing Your config.php File

First screenshot is what the log in box looks like.
Second screenshot is what the settings look like.
Third screenshot is what the error message looks like if the users presses cancel.

Complete Feature List

• Option to disable the mod completely.
  • Option to set what the login username will be.
  • Option to set what the login password will be.

Frequently Asked Questions.

Q. Why do I need this mod?

A. This just adds a extra layer of security to your ACP, by asking for a additional username and password, in order to log in to it. Sure you can do this with file edits or in cpanel, but why bother, this makes it simple.

Q. Why did you make this mod?

A. It was something I was doing by editing the admincp/index.php file, but I would always forget to make the changes when I updated the site.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

v1.0.0. (June 29, 2014)
- Initial release.

v1.0.1 (March 14, 2015)
- Version checking now done on OzzModz.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Support for this mod can be found here, ACP Authentication

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back