• OzzModz is no longer taking registrations. All registrations are being redirected to Snog's Site
    All addons and support is available there now.

[OzzModz] First Post On All Pages Per Thread/Forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ozzy47

Administrator
Another mod brought to you by,
OzzModz.png

Here is a small modification you can use to the first post on all pages, per forum or by thread id.

It is a simple installation, just import the product XML, ozzmodz_firstpost_display

You can edit the options under the settings, [OzzModz] First Post Display Settings

Complete Feature List

• Option to disable the mod completely.
  • Option to choose which forums, will show the first post on all pages.
  • Option to set which thread ID's, will show the first post on all pages.
  • Option to use the default postbit template, or use a custom one, which will allow you to add different styling to the elements.
  • Option to select which usergroups this mod will affect.

Frequently Asked Questions.

Q. Why do I need such a thing, you ask?

A. You may have a thread that has tens or hundreds of pages, and this will allow you to see the original post on all pages, much like you see here on vB.org in the modification threads.

Q. How do I use the custom template?

A. Note: Make sure you know what you are doing if you attempt this!
This may be a bit tricky for some users.

You can copy what ever template you are using, ( postbit or postbit_legacy ) into the template, ozzmodz_firstpost_display_postbit.
Now once you have done that, you can change the styling of the post, by adding css to the elements.
For example, if you want the first post to have a different background, when it is on any other page except for the first page, you can look for this in the template,
Code:
<div class="postbody">

and change it to this,
Code:
<div class="postbody" style="background: darkgrey;">

That will give the first post a dark grey background on any pages other than the first page.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please remember to click the, {vb:raw mark_as_installed_image} button to the right if you installed the mod ---->

What does 'Marking As Installed' do ?

* It helps you to stay on top of updates - members who have installed modifications will be notified whenever new updates are available.

* For security issues - OzzModz.com will contact all members who have installed a modification whenever a security issue is brought to our attention.

* Marking a modification as installed also helps me know how many people are using my work, giving me extra incentive to provide more features and new modifications.

I appreciate the support!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

v1.0.0 Initial Release
v1.0.1 Fixed a issue where you could only choose one forum, now you can choose multiple forums.

Hey Ozzy just a quick question when i go to acp and the choose forums option it wont let me highlight forums but rather only let me do one at a time is there a way to fix this ...or could this be just at my forum lol

v1.0.1 Available.
Fixed a issue where you could only choose one forum, now you can choose multiple forums.

RE: Version 1.0.1

ok imported new file and that screen in acp has vanished and i get this screen instead

View attachment 254

also in product manager it says its still 1.0.0

is this supposed to be this way is what i am asking

RE: Version 1.0.1

ok did that version displays 1.0.1 now ..i am still getting that acp screen i posted earlier instead of the one in your first post

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back