• OzzModz is no longer taking registrations. All registrations are being redirected to Snog's Site
    All addons and support is available there now.

[OzzModz] Texts & Email For Failed Login Into ACP (vB4) (vB3.8) (vB3.7) (vB3.6) v2.0.1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ozzy47

Administrator
Another mod brought to you by,
OzzModz.png

This mod will allow admins to send texts to specified phones and emails to specified email addresses when someone fails to log into the ACP.

It is a simple installation, just import the product XML, ozzmodz_acp_fail_login

You can edit the options under the settings, [OzzModz] Text And Email For Failed Login Into ACP

Complete Feature List
  • Option to disable the mod completely.
  • Option to enable/disable sending of emails.
  • Option to set which emails to send the email to when someone fails to log into the ACP.
  • Option to enable/disable sending of texts.
  • Option to set which phone numbers to send the text to when someone fails to log into the ACP.

Note: The text messaging may not work in all countries or cell phone providers. I have no control over this, and can not make it work if it is not supported in your country or by your provider.

Note: You should make sure that the admins that get the text messages also get the emails. This is so they can get the complete information about the failed login.

The email will look something like this.
Hello There,

Someone tried to login into the ACP at OzzModz vBulletin Mods and failed.

The username they used is, Obi-Wan Kenobi.

Their IP Address is, 11.22.333.444.

The page they tried to access is, http://YOURSITE.com/admincp/index.php.

Their Useragent string is, Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.2; WOW64; rv:26.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/26.0 IceDragon/26.0.0.2.

All the best, [OzzModz] Email For Failed Login Into ACP Modification!

The text message will look something like this.
Failed ACP login at OzzModz vBulletin Mods.
Full details are in your email account.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Frequently Asked Questions.

Q. Why do I need such a thing, you ask?

A. Some admins might like to get emails when someone fails to log into the ACP, for security purposes.

Q. Can I send it to multiple email addresses?

A. Yes you can.

Q. Can I send texts to multiple phones?

A. Yes you can.

Q. How do I add a phone to send to?

A. See post #2 .

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

* History (Changelog) *
-------------------------
v1.0.0 (January 3, 2015)
- Initial public release.

v1.0.1 (January 3, 2015)
- Fixed the error phrase.
- Removed a unnecessary setting.

v2.0.0 (January 10, 2015)
- Added text messaging ability.

v2.0.1 (March 14, 2015)
- Version checking now done on OzzModz.

Support for this mod can be found here, Texts Email For Failed Login Into ACP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back