• OzzModz is no longer taking registrations. All registrations are being redirected to Snog's Site
    All addons and support is available there now.

Replying to a moderated post

My Hattiesburg

I need some help with this. Here's what I'm looking for:

When a post is moderated and someone - like a mod or admin - replies to it, the reply is then also moderated. I need a way to turn this off for one or maybe more forums so that when a moderator replies to a moderated post the reply is not moderated and everyone can see it.

As a bonus if there's a way for the original moderated post to also automatically become unmoderated (approved) when a mod replies to it, that would be great, but it's not a deal breaker.

I may also be able to pay a small fee for this if needed.

Thanks.

You mean a post or a thread?

A post. Here's what I want to do:

We want to invite candidates for political office to our site and have our members ask the candidates questions that they could reply to. We want this to be friendly to the candidates and allow them to reply only to those questions that they choose to reply to.

To keep hecklers and other "gotcha" type questions from appearing we would create a special forum for this where all new posts are moderated, then start a thread asking members to submit questions. We would only have one candidate at a time take questions so we would then make that particular candidate a moderator of that forum so that he could see all the questions posed to him. Instead of trying to teach him how to be a moderator and how to approve posts we want to make it as automatic as possible so that the candidate can reply to a moderated post and have his reply and the original question appear without much intervention from him or the regular staff. Of course if he used the "reply with quote" button then the original question would be posted with his answer so having the original post appear is not a biggie would would be beneficial if it could be done.

We did this once a couple of years ago and we had to have staff on the site the entire time to moderate the posts for the candidate. It didn't work as well as we hoped that it might.

Maybe there's a better way to do this but I couldn't think of any.

Now that I think about it, even it this were applied site-wide it wouldn't be a big problem since only mods and admins can reply to a moderated post anyway.

I am sure it is possible, but it is something I would not have time to do right now though.

Back