• OzzModz is no longer taking registrations. All registrations are being redirected to Snog's Site
    All addons and support is available there now.

September 8th 2014 News

Ozzy47

Administrator
This Weeks News

This week we have bugfix updates for the following mods,

Plus some new mods,

Bugfix Updates:

[OzzModz] Minimum Posts Before Posting Links Spam Protection v1.0.1 has been released, fixing a issue with users getting the error message if they were using bbcodes in the posts.

[OzzModz] Block Registrations With Spam Like Email Addresses v1.0.1 has been released, fixing a issue that was not allowing the settings to be taken into affect, thus blocking registrations that had any of the unwanted characters in the email address.

[OzzModz] Add As Friend In Postbit v1.0.2 has been released. Hopefully solved the issue with this not working for everyone and fixed a issue with the cache template plugin checking if the wrong mod was active.

[OzzModz] Default Member Avatar v1.1.0 has been released. This should solve the issue with it not working on all sites.

[OzzModz] Banned Member Avatar v1.1.1 has been released. This should solve the issue with it not working on all sites.

[OzzModz] Back To Top Button On Every Post v1.1.0 has been released. Very shortly after the inital release, it was discovered the mod did not work if you were using nhawks postbit collapser mod, Postbit Collapser/Arranger, this has now been fixed. Well I should not say fixed, more like made compatible with his mod. :)

Feature Request Updates:
None at this time.

New Mods Released:
vB 4.x.x
[OzzModz] Disable Notices On VBCMS This mod will disable the vBulletin notices on your VBCMS pages.

[OzzModz] Advertisement Inside First/Last Post Allows admins to place a ad inside of the first/last post in a thread.

[OzzModz] Back To Top Button On Every Post Adds a button in every post, that when clicked, will bring the user to the top of the page.

[OzzModz] URL Icon Before Or After Links In Posts This will add a url icon before or after every link in your posts.

vB 3.8.x
[OzzModz] Advertisement Inside First/Last Post Allows admins to place a ad inside of the first/last post in a thread.

vB 3.7.x

vB 3.6.x

Miscellaneous News:
New Block Added
I added a new block to the forumhome titled, Blocked Bots On OzzModz. You can see this block above the What's Going On area, by clicking on this link, Naughty Bots & Spiders :)
What this does is take the counts from various spam mods I have installed and shows the total spiders, bots and spammers that were blocked. The Bots That Were Blocked Due To Hostname & Useragent counts are low due to the fact that for the past year, I had the reporting turned off for that mod, but I have now re enabled it. I just added this so users can see what kind of affect the spam mods I recommend to install has on the site. :)

Mod Of The Month At vB.org
This month there are four of my mods up for MOTM:

along with another mod by another developer, Similar Threads After The First Post - VB4 - By AioNets.com. So if you have not yet voted for MOTM this moth, please do so by going to the MOTM thread, MOTM for September 2014 - vBulletin.org Forum and vote for your favorite mod, even if it is not one of mine. All the developers appreciate the nominations, and the votes.

Upcoming Mods
I am still working on a few other mods. One is the thing I use to show Founder Of OzzModz in my posts, you can see a screenshot here, OzzModz
This will be based on userid so you could use it for just yourself, or for a few individuals.

The other mod is a button in the header (or somewhere, have not quite figured out what to do with it yet), that will toggle your invisible status on/off. This can be useful for those of you that change it often.

As always, thanks for reading, and thanks for being a member of OzzModz. :)

Chris

Read the original news thread here.

Back