• OzzModz is no longer taking registrations. All registrations are being redirected to Snog's Site
    All addons and support is available there now.

Solved the text formatting problem!

robbyg

Well after spending 6 hours looking at the PHP code and finding nothing wrong . I started to look at the Database itself and what was happening when an Admin made a review versus a regular user. It became clear that all reviews from the Admin had all the spaces and other text formatting stored correctly but when a regular member posted a review their text was all clumped together, with all formatting removed.

I have been reading about this complaint in posts that go back to when Christos was controlling the software, I also saw it mentioned along with the other issues several times to Ozzy but I guess he never had the time to look into it.

Anyway what I finally realized was that by default Vbulletin sets Admins as having the Enhanced WYSIWIG Interface editing and all other user groups get the Standard Interface which is not compatible with the Reviews Addon.

So you need to have tell your existing users go into their settings and change the Interface to enhanced. Also To make sure the problem stays away go into:

ACP--Settings--Options--user registrations options--default registration and change it from default editor to Enhanced Interface WYSIWIG.

Now anybody that signs up will automatically have the right interface to make reviews with Ozzys Review program. BTW it work perfectly, I ran several tests.

Now if I could just have an option for the Admin to edit reviews before approving them and also a method to Pin the best review to the top of each category list this would make reviews perfect.

Anyway I wrote this post so that it may help someone out in the future.

Rob

Last edited:
Back