• OzzModz is no longer taking registrations. All registrations are being redirected to Snog's Site
    All addons and support is available there now.

Top News Stories

New Joe

Ozzy, I like to hit the 'New Posts' button and take a look at what's been going on around the Forum.
I'd rather not have masses of Threads from the 'Top News Stories' Forum.
Could you not block that Forum from showing on the 'New Posts' section please?
I do this on a few of my Forums where I have rss feeds coming in each day..

Thanks....

Edit: Nevermind, I found a way to do it without ant file edits or template edits. :)

I have it almost turned into a mod, where you can select forums from a list, and select which usergroups to exclude from it. So you can set it so Unregistered / Not Logged In will still see them show up. I think that may be good for the bots that follow the links from there. :)

Thanks for the feedback, it is appreciated.

I think it could make a good mod for users to be able to exclude Forums from New Posts for sure.

I just do:
Code:
do=getdaily&exclude=&contenttype=vBForum_Post&exclude=[COLOR="#FF0000"]x[/COLOR],[COLOR="#FF0000"]x[/COLOR]

Right, but you do that in the Navigation Manager. This is a mod to handle that without changing the link. Also you can have it exclude groups, so a guest, clicking on the link, will still see the posts prom the excluded forums. :)

Is this going to be in the Admin Panel only?
Or are users going to be able to do this via their 'Settings' page?

Kind of goes into what I said over on the org...
It's great that us as Admins can do things like this, but it's the members who make a Forum so I've always found giving them the options to do things also helps..

Is this going to be in the Admin Panel only?
Or are users going to be able to do this via their 'Settings' page?

Kind of goes into what I said over on the org...
It's great that us as Admins can do things like this, but it's the members who make a Forum so I've always found giving them the options to do things also helps..

It may be possible at some point, but for now it will just be via the ACP. I need to find out how to do a forum selector in the usercp, then once they can use it, store that info int the DB, then call it when the user is logged in.

So it is a bit of work, but I don't think it is entirely impossible.

interesting that would be helpful ... will you make that quick account switch mod first lol

The quick account switch is slowly coming along, I put it aside for a bit, but hope to get back to it soon. That is a mod that needs to be handled correctly, so no one can get into your account.

Right, but you do that in the Navigation Manager. This is a mod to handle that without changing the link. Also you can have it exclude groups, so a guest, clicking on the link, will still see the posts prom the excluded forums. :)
I would be a fan of this :)

Don't want to be a pain, but now we're flooded with all the new registrations on the "New Posts' from the Forum:Welcome Center
Any chance you could block that board too?:biggrin1:

Back