• OzzModz is no longer taking registrations. All registrations are being redirected to Snog's Site
    All addons and support is available there now.

A Staff Page For vB 4.2.2

Yeah I know that is why I posted it here. Maybe someone has the time to create one. I wish I knew PHP I'd do it myself but I know that for this is would probably take more than what someone has time for and I know its not as simple as just throwing it together.

Yeah that is a great idea except I have no idea what codes to use to call a members avatar, posts amount, location and other info. I cannot use the code from something like postbit because I'm thinking that it calls this info because of the user who posted and the post itself. I assume it makes a connection in the info there where as just putting it in the showgroups I could not use that same code. I would actually prefer to just code it into showgroups but I could not figure out what conditionals or what code to use to call that info. The info I need is:

1. Users Avatar
2. Location
3. Post count
4. Rank
5. Usergroup
6. Any custom fields that I want to show
7. A send PM or contact link
8. Possibly a thread count.
9. Join Date
10. Homepage
11. Last visit date

And I would try and add things like thanks count, and mod count etc myself.

Here is my current showgroups as you can see I already have a box at the top and have styled it, but that was as far as I got when I realized it was not going to work to just copy and paste something or use any code from the postbit. Web Design Fetish Staff - Web Design Fetish | Adult Webmaster Forums Services

Yeah that is a great idea except I have no idea what codes to use to call a members avatar, posts amount, location and other info. I cannot use the code from something like postbit because I'm thinking that it calls this info because of the user who posted and the post itself. I assume it makes a connection in the info there where as just putting it in the showgroups I could not use that same code. I would actually prefer to just code it into showgroups but I could not figure out what conditionals or what code to use to call that info. The info I need is:

1. Users Avatar
2. Location
3. Post count
4. Rank
5. Usergroup
6. Any custom fields that I want to show
7. A send PM or contact link
8. Possibly a thread count.
9. Join Date
10. Homepage
11. Last visit date

And I would try and add things like thanks count, and mod count etc myself.
After looking at the Mod you linked, I came up with this idea of modifying the showgroups template, because the mod you linked is a major add-on with db changes and all, and I don't think it is necessary in order to accomplish what you want.

The right direction I think, is just as you have described - modification of the showgroups template to call up the things you want for each staffer. And I bet most of it can be called from the datastore instead of the db itself. Making this a far more simple and user friendly add-on.
[MENTION=1]Ozzy47[/MENTION] would know alot more about that than I, however.

After looking at the Mod you linked, I came up with this idea of modifying the showgroups template, because the mod you linked is a major add-on with db changes and all, and I don't think it is necessary in order to accomplish what you want.

The right direction I think, is just as you have described - modification of the showgroups template to call up the things you want for each staffer. And I bet most of it can be called from the datastore instead of the db itself. Making this a far more simple and user friendly add-on.
[MENTION=1]Ozzy47[/MENTION] would know alot more about that than I, however.

Agreed it would make it a little bit more user friendly & simple to have it call things in that manner. :)

So what about users avatar, location, post count? That's user rank or may be usergroup.
Feel any custom fields that I want to show.
A send PM or contact link. Possibly a thread count.
Than Join Date

Would trying and add things like thanks count, and mod count etc myself.:fish:

Back