• OzzModz is no longer taking registrations. All registrations are being redirected to Snog's Site
    All addons and support is available there now.

Banner, How to free entire top

steve3402000

I have basically a non modded 4.2.2

To install any kind of banner, I had to use the vb4logog.png space. Which is only a little corner in the upper left.

Problem is, when I try to use a larger banner it moved everything out of place. SO I have a smaller one now. is this a pain to redo, or a simple adjustment?

Thanks as usual

Steve

So the banner that is there now is the smaller version? What is the size of the one you want?

im making one now, the thing is it has already displaced the fields, that's why the donate button is so offset. I have seen some sites with the welcome inbox links at the top Under their banner.
I would ultimately like it to be 2 times the width and centered, but with everything else still in place

Steve

its some sort of formatting field thing,, In the older version the entire top ( banner ) was open for a graphic, now its limited to a little one on the left

I don't see the issues you are seeing, but what you can do is edit the stylevar header_background, in the group, Header, and set your image as the Background Image (e.g., url(image.png))

I will give it a whirl :)

Thanks man

I think a WYSIWYG editor for this software but be a huge seller LOL

I'm spoiled with Frontpage

Steve

I don't see the issues you are seeing, but what you can do is edit the stylevar header_background, in the group, Header, and set your image as the Background Image (e.g., url(image.png))

Well from what I remember, back in the early 90's like 85% of computers used 800x600 resolution,. So to make the graphics look right and not have bars on either side you made it the most used width. Now I feel safe with a 768 wide, as 1024 x 768 is the average. I run hi res, so the picture is actually small to me.

Well from what I remember, back in the early 90's like 85% of computers used 800x600 resolution,. So to make the graphics look right and not have bars on either side you made it the most used width. Now I feel safe with a 768 wide, as 1024 x 768 is the average. I run hi res, so the picture is actually small to me.
Right but the width is fluid, it matches the individual's resolution. So that when I widen or narrow up the browser window, the elements move with it. But the header image itself the way you have it, does not.

Just trying to figure out what you're wanting here. You want the image covering the whole header space?

I quickie did a decent sepia graphic. Eventually I want one like that to go the entire top of the site. Ill keep reading and trying to learn.

Thanks for everything guys.

Steve

Back