• OzzModz is no longer taking registrations. All registrations are being redirected to Snog's Site
    All addons and support is available there now.

Can a feature be added to moderate secondary reviews.

robbyg

As it is now with reviews I can only moderate a new review, I cannot moderate a reply review or remove it.
So if someone says in the main review that the item is "Junk" and a member replies with a very nasty comment I have no way of removing the nasty comment. All that I need is to be able to use the same rules that I set for the main review to be applicable to the secondary reviews.

Any chance this will happen Ozzy

All the best
Rob

Thanks Ozzy it's been about a year since this subject came up on the vbulletin.org site. Any help at this point would be greatly appreciated.

Rob

There is a mod on vb.og that lets you login to any members account you could use this and edit or delete the comment. Also as an admin I dont see how you cant remove it

You cannot remove it and you cannot modify it, even if you are the Admin. You can only create Admin approval for posting the main review, any secondary reviews are auto posted and are untouchable after that.
Also the text gets all jumbled together in the review, line returns and other formatting get removed when its stored in the database. It would be a great add-on if these two issues got fixed.

Rob

Have you set yourself as superadmin and tested and have you checked if you can edit by admincp or a query if you have to I have it installed and I connect to my sites db via navicat on my home pc I can edit anything I need even if the permission is not there

Last edited:
Hi Resistance

Sorry for taking so long to reply, I just today noticed that you had added a reply to the thread.

Yes I am a superadmin but I still cannot edit the reviews. I think Ozzy removed secondary reviews from the software so that solved one problem, but I can only approve or not approve a review, I cannot edit it. I also have another problem with the text getting all clumped into one paragraph, all line feeds and indentations are removed if the review is moderated and is waiting on approval. If I uncheck Admin approval required then everything is fine but then the reviewer can post anything they want!
I will look and see what Navicat is, and thanks for the suggestion.

Rob

Back