• OzzModz is no longer taking registrations. All registrations are being redirected to Snog's Site
    All addons and support is available there now.

Christie: Khan family has 'the right to say whatever they want'

Luke Skywalker

Super Moderator
{vb:raw ozzmodz_postquote}:
636057524023335549-AP-Campaign-2016-Trump-Christie.jpg
New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie responds after being asked about Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump's feud with Khizr and Ghazala Khan during a news conference in Trenton, N.J., on Aug. 2, 2016.<span style="color: Red;">*</span>(Photo: Mel Evans, AP)

As Republican nominee Donald Trump continues to face blowback over comments critical of the family of a Muslim-American soldier killed in the Iraq War, New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie said Tuesday that the family has the "right to say whatever they want."
Christie, one of Trump's biggest supporters, said the loss of a child is "unfathomable" and the focus should solely be on the loss suffered by the parents of the slain soldier, Army Capt. Humayun Khan.
“I think it gives them the right to say whatever they want whether they’re right or they're wrong,” Christie told reporters at a State House news conference.
"We need to honor their sacrifice for our country and we need to honor their son's sacrifice for our country," Christie added. “And to focus on anything other than that is missing the point.”
After the parents appeared at the Democratic National Convention and father Khizr Khan directly addressed Trump, saying he had "sacrificed nothing and no one," Trump lashed out.
Trump said the father had no right to attack him and questioned of the campaign of Democratic nominee Hillary Clinton wrote the speech.
"I was viciously attacked by Mr. Khan at the Democratic Convention. Am I not allowed to respond? Hillary voted for the Iraq war, not me!" Trump tweeted Sunday. He followed up on Monday tweeting, "Mr. Khan, who does not know me, viciously attacked me from the stage of the DNC and is now all over T.V. doing the same - Nice!"
Christie would not say whether he spoke with Trump about the controversy.
"I haven't heard or read every one of the statements that's been made," Christie later added. "I'm just telling you how I feel."
USA TODAY
Trump blasts 'rigged system' and crying baby