• OzzModz is no longer taking registrations. All registrations are being redirected to Snog's Site
    All addons and support is available there now.

Good to see a vB related forum that actually offers support.

eJM

Just joined and glad to be here. Thanks for your hard work, Chris and staff. I'll try to do some reading tonight before jumping into the fray. ;)

Jim

Welcome Jim. "Support" is kind of a ephemeral term... I can speak only for myself but I am limited in knowledge in alot of areas and can only be here on a spotty basis. So my replies might be slow at times and I might not know how to help with a particular issue.

But I try.

Glad to see you made it here Jim. :yo: I will work on the Optimization forum over the weekend. :)

Thanks for the welcome. Ozzy, in reply to your post above and to your PM to me on TAZ, you already have a forum for optimization discussion: General vBulletin Discussions That forum will work fine until you have enough threads to move to a new forum. Empty (or near empty) forums don't get much attention and make a forum look weak, in my opinion. But starting a new forum with a bunch of old threads that already exist will show that forum is active and ready for new discussions.

I have to run some errands, but when I get back, I think I'll start a new thread about caching static content. Unless you don't want me to. I'll check for a reply here first. Until then, I'm off on my glider to pay some bills and shop for groceries.

seg-vs-seg-cop.gif

Yes, Ozzy put the buzz back into vB for me, I was thinking of leaving the vB software but Ozzy keeps me going..lol..
I felt the same a few years back then got friends with Rob aka Boofo, RIP mate....he was a great coder for vB....

Yeah it is a shame Rob had to go before his time, he was a all around good dude, as long as you understood him, and could put up with is curt like replies at times. :)

TBH, I don't know what the future with vB holds for me, I like vB4, but with the new direction they went with vB5, makes me wonder. Perhaps if I was a programmer for real I would understand vB5, but It is just a bit beyond me at this point.

Yes, Ozzy put the buzz back into vB for me, I was thinking of leaving the vB software but Ozzy keeps me going..lol..
I felt the same a few years back then got friends with Rob aka Boofo, RIP mate....he was a great coder for vB....
Boofo was a good friend, I miss our IM chats.

Back