• OzzModz is no longer taking registrations. All registrations are being redirected to Snog's Site
    All addons and support is available there now.

Help With Ajax Tabs from Dynamic Drive

HM666

I have a client that wants to have the Ajax Tabs installed on his site. I'm having difficulty with masking the tabs to work with just the content and not the header, navbar & footer. Lynne has the same thing on her site (look under 10 Latest Torrents/Threads/Social Groups) and that is exactly what I'm trying to accomplish on this site but I have not been able to eliminate the header, navbar etc. I have tried placing the URL as the link for the tab and then have the page come up in the iFrame. It works except as mentioned I need to eliminate the info other than just the table or the page content.

Here is my code I'm working with:

Code:
<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="ajaxtabs/ajaxtabs.css" />

<script type="text/javascript" src="ajaxtabs/ajaxtabs.js">

/***********************************************
* Ajax Tabs Content script v2.2- © Dynamic Drive DHTML code library (www.dynamicdrive.com)
* This notice MUST stay intact for legal use
* Visit Dynamic Drive at http://www.dynamicdrive.com/ for full source code
***********************************************/

</script>
<div id="torrenttabs" class="indentmenu">
<ul>
<li><a href="torrents.php?tor=list" rel="#iframe" class="selected">Audio & Video Torrents</a></li>
<li><a href="forumdisplay.php?11-Audio" rel="#iframe">Audio Torrents</a></li>
<li><a href="forumdisplay.php?12-Video" rel="#iframe">Video Torrents</a></li>
<li><a href="torrents.php?&mode=orphan" rel="#iframe">Orphaned Torrents</a></li>
<li><a href="reviews.php" rel="#iframe">Reviews</a></li>
<li><a href="group.php" rel="#iframe">Social Groups</a></li>
</ul>
<br style="clear: left" />
</div>

<div id="torrentdivcontainer" style="width:100%; height:400px;">
</div>

<script type="text/javascript">

var ttabs=new ddajaxtabs("torrenttabs", "torrentdivcontainer")
ttabs.setpersist(false)
ttabs.setselectedClassTarget("link")
ttabs.init()

</script>

As mentioned this code works in the tab in the place I want it but it has the header, navbar & footer which I do not want. Any ideas on getting rid of those or Lynne if you see this can you point me in a direction? I also tried creating a new file and a new template and still did not have the proper code for it to look right or grab the data.

We are running vBulletin 4.2.2. & vBitty 4 XBT 2.0.

Link to the page where I can get the full script?

Which page? The page I'm trying to do this on? Unfortunately the client has it closed to you unless you are logged in. I can PM you my personal login if you like. Also I have taken the ajax tabs code off the site until I find a fix for this.

No, from dynamic drive. I assume there is stuff you need to load to the server. I want to try it out on my test site.

Yeah somehow Lynne has called the templates of these pages using the links you would normally use but not calling the header, navbar & footer in the iFrame box. I'm wondering if it can be done via if/else conditionals.

Ohhh, you mean the header, footer and navbar of the page you are calling showing in the iframe. I will look later today and see what the deal is.

It looks to me like Lynne did some sort of plugin to accomplish that. I would ask her what she did, as she is hooked into misc.php to show it like that. It almost looks like a search result of some sort.

It looks to me like Lynne did some sort of plugin to accomplish that. I would ask her what she did, as she is hooked into misc.php to show it like that. It almost looks like a search result of some sort.

Ok I saw that she had in her signature that she would not answer PM's that is why I did not try and PM her. :(

Back