• OzzModz is no longer taking registrations. All registrations are being redirected to Snog's Site
    All addons and support is available there now.

How to add space between each Thread on New Posts

New Joe

I kind of like the little space between each Thread when hitting New Posts so I was wondering if anyone know what coding is required or Template edit?

Here's a screen shot of what I mean:

View attachment 227

Actually, you can add this to your additional.css

Code:
/*Start threadbit padding */
.threadbit 
{
    padding-bottom: 10px;
}
/*End threadbit padding */

You can adjust the 10px to suit your needs. :)

Cool, glad ya like it. BTW [MENTION=15]Steris56[/MENTION] I sent you a couple of PM's the other day, you have a chance to read them yet?

It's cool, we are all good now. We shall see what the results of the poll are for the shout. Either way I still may use it, just make it hidden per user somehow, via a profile field or something. :)

@Ozzy47

hey ozzy this also puts a space in sticky's and normal threads

i dont mind normal threads but the stickey's is there a way to have that back to normal

or if you cant do one or another then no space is fine in that area

I will check into it when I get a moment. Got home late today, and got about 15 things piled up to do already. :)

Ok this can be done via a template edit. Find the template threadbit, and the first lines look like this:
HTML:
<li class="threadbit {vb:raw thread.statusstring}<vb:if condition="$thread['title_editable']"> title_editable</vb:if><vb:if condition="$show['paperclip']"> attachments</vb:if><vb:if condition="!$thread['postuserid'] AND !$thread['del_userid']"> guest</vb:if><vb:if condition="$thread['moderatedprefix']"> unapproved</vb:if>" id="thread_{vb:raw thread.realthreadid}">

Then change it to this:
HTML:
<li class="threadbit {vb:raw thread.statusstring}<vb:if condition="$thread['title_editable']"> title_editable</vb:if><vb:if condition="$show['paperclip']"> attachments</vb:if><vb:if condition="!$thread['postuserid'] AND !$thread['del_userid']"> guest</vb:if><vb:if condition="$thread['moderatedprefix']"> unapproved</vb:if>" id="thread_{vb:raw thread.realthreadid}" <vb:if condition="!$thread['sticky']">style="padding-bottom: 10px;"</vb:if>>

No it should not, I don't believe there was any changes to affect that between those versions.

ok thanks check that i did this ok then

here are 2 pics

View attachment 236

View attachment 237

with that saved if i put the code in right then i should see the difference if that is good..

now you mentioned cache now am i clearing that in browser or in acp do i have to go to maintenance drop down and click clear system cache and if i do that will that do anything else to forum

Are you certain you removed the other code from the additional.css template?

lol well you didnt tell me that

ok i removed code from additional css works great in threads now it looks like yours here sticky has no space and normal does .. now new post page has no gap any longer

Ok for that we will have to do another template edit, find the template, search_threadbit in the group, Search Templates
Find this:
HTML:
<li class="imodselector threadbit {vb:if !$thread['del_username'], $thread['statusstring']} <vb:if condition="$thread['title_editable']">title_editable</vb:if>" id="thread_{vb:raw thread.realthreadid}" title="{vb:raw thread.preview}">

And change it to this:
HTML:
<li class="imodselector threadbit {vb:if !$thread['del_username'], $thread['statusstring']} <vb:if condition="$thread['title_editable']">title_editable</vb:if>" id="thread_{vb:raw thread.realthreadid}" title="{vb:raw thread.preview}" style="padding-bottom: 10px;">

Back