• OzzModz is no longer taking registrations. All registrations are being redirected to Snog's Site
    All addons and support is available there now.

Marketplace Question

austinbr

Hello!

I am the admin over at a forum with roughly 30,000 members. We have a rather large marketplace that is very busy. For the past year, we have disabled comments in the marketplace so only the OP can reply to the threads. We also allow them to only respond once per day. I am looking for a way to make it where a thread can only be bumped once every 24 hours and only by the OP (thus allowing others to respond to the threads). Any suggestions?

Also, a way to make it where the OP has to approve all comments in his post would be great too :)

Regards,

Austin

I don't recall seeing anything like that, I think it would require a couple of different modifications that may be on vb.org. let me do some thinking on it.

Is the marketplace in forums or is is a custom mod?

I don't recall seeing anything like that, I think it would require a couple of different modifications that may be on vb.org. let me do some thinking on it.

Is the marketplace in forums or is is a custom mod?
Take a look at our website. We use the normal forum and each thread is a WTS or WTT thread. People want to be able to reply to threads again, but we don't want replies to bump threads up.

The easiest way to do this without any plugins is changing the following forum setting for that specific forum(s) to:
Default Sort Field: Thread Start Time

After a little discussion with the site staff...we just want it where threads will only be bumped once per 24 hours. It doesn't really matter how it works...just as long as it works :p

Any ideas?

Back