• OzzModz is no longer taking registrations. All registrations are being redirected to Snog's Site
    All addons and support is available there now.

Navigation Problem

adwade

I received the following PM early this morning from a user, after installing the Periodic Email Verification MOD this week:

Sorry to bother you with this. I logged on tonight and when I clicked the "New Posts" tab a window came up that said I had not verified my email in 490 days. It had a link to click and verify, which I did. While trying to click on "New Posts" again I received the message again that says I had not confirmed my email in 490 days. Is there anything I can do to correct this?

I know the MOD is working for most users, but this is the first issue I've become aware with it. Have you had any similar complaints?

I PM'd the user, asking if he was browsing our website with a cellphone or tablet vs. a regular computer. From his description, it just sounds like when he clicked the link for yes, my email is still the same that the click wasn't registered with the website. However, somehow he managed to PM me.

Anyway, will report back with more info as I learn of it.
Thanxx, AD

Hmmm, I have not heard of such a issue so far. Would be interesting to find out when the user PM's you back with more info.

I wrote, asking the user:

"Hmmm, I'm puzzled. Did it clear up by itself, or is it still a problem?

What 'should' happen, is when you click on the 'here' link for yes it's still my email address, is that notice should go-away and the board runs as it normally does. However, until one does click on one of the two possible links the board will not loadup as it normally does.

So, it sounds like your click is not being registered for some reason. Are you browsing the website on a cellphone or tablet, or a regular computer?"

His only response was: "I was hoping this would clear up by itself. No luck same thing happening."

So at this moment I have nothing to add, except I'm thinking whatever he's using can't register a click to the notice when it appears.

Does your mod require the user to have JavaScript ON?

Anyway, I re-emphasized my questions to him so hopefully I'll get a better answer next go-around.

Back