• OzzModz is no longer taking registrations. All registrations are being redirected to Snog's Site
    All addons and support is available there now.

Newsletter Mod For vB4

Do you need a newsletter mod, and are willing to pay.

• Total voters
I would love to have an updated newsletter script, and would be willing to contribute some $ to this cause.

As mentioned earlier, I too would like have a block for latest threads, new members. I don't think it would be an issue for me on my forum in regards to spam. I have that all moderated pretty good. Plus if there was a newsletter preview, I could verify the content before sending.

A block for the user info, maybe something that displays their avatar, last log-in date,

In the footer, a working unsubscribe link. I had to stop using the other script because the link is not working, and the couple times I've used it. I've gotten emails from users complaining that they can't unsubscribe. Maybe also some links to other User tools, like forgot password link, or usercp etc.

It would be really cool, if there was some customizable elements to the newsletter. Able to move blocks around, or even design it yourself and then insert the blocks where they need to go. That might be too difficult to do though. But someway to make your newsletter look different compared to other users of this mod.

A way to send it at a specific time.
Metrics would be great too, Open Rate and Click Through Rate, delivery rate (failed send)

Trying to think of what would really make this useful.

One newsletter mod with the features Christos mentioned, unsusbscribe option different from admin mails and support for articles and blogs would be very interesting. I tried to install some of the options without luck and Mailchimp that many people is using to send site newsletter it's not the same, you need compose independently of the site content.

It's something I would pay, yes.

Has there been any updates on this?
I've been trying to use the mod VBMail that is listed on VB.org now, I've been having way too many issues with it not sending emails for some reason or another.

This mod always sent them, but it had issues.

At this point, all I really want to be able to do.
Is build an HTML email, and send it through the forum. The newsletter will have am automated unsubscribe link, that allows users to easily opt out. If it had some type of bounce collection, so after say 3 bounces the forum won't send to that email anymore, would be great too.

As a bonus,
It would be cool too, if it also had a way to archive newsletters on the forum too. So users can easily go to the forum, and locate past newsletters.

Back