• OzzModz is no longer taking registrations. All registrations are being redirected to Snog's Site
    All addons and support is available there now.

Not loading site ozzmodz.com

SWSUSA

Hello Ozzy47, site OzzModz vBulletin Mods not loaded with browsers Firefox, Internet Explorer and Google Chrome. With the Opera browser can view and visit the site. I live in Moscow.

Привет Ozzy47, сайт OzzModz vBulletin Mods не загружается с браузеров Firefox, Internet Explorer и Google Chrome. С браузера Opera могу просматривать и заходить на сайт. Живу в Москве.

You can tag Ozzy and he will get a notification for the post. Just put a @ before his username, like this: [MENTION=1]Ozzy47[/MENTION]

Unfortunately due to some major hacking attempts, I have had to block twelve countries, and Russia happens to be one of them.

I'm not sure that's a good protection against some hackers to block access to all users in Russia. The main thing in this life, man, no matter what country he lives. Man lives on planet Earth. Because hackers should not affect people who are not involved in this.

Я не уверен что это хорошая защита от некоторых хакеров блокировать доступ всем пользователям России. Главное в этой жизни человек и не важно в какой стране он живёт. Человек живёт на планете Земля. Из-за действий хакеров не должны страдать люди которые к этому не причастны.

To me, it seems a dreadful indignity to have a soul controlled by geography.

~George Santayana

Мне кажется ужасным унижением иметь душу, контролируемую географией.

Джордж Сантаяна

Ozzy47, you have great fashion for vBulletin. Thanks!

Ozzy47, у вас отличные моды для vBulletin. Спасибо!

No it's not "good" practice, but when you are getting thousands of attempts an hour every hour, from different IP's in a certain country, it's time to block it. It's sad that some bad apples spoil the pie for everyone, but it happens. :(

I am not a hacker, do not block me.) :wave:

Я не хакер, не блокируйте меня.)

I have all of Russia, China, Vietnam, Cambodia, Hong Kong, India, Bangladesh, Pakistan, Indonesia, Japan, Korea, Malaysia, Philippines, Singapore, Taiwan, Thailand, Polland, Czech Republic and a few others ... I don't need people from those countries accessing my site so it doesn't matter if I block all of those countries completely if it means my site is secure ...

No it's not "good" practice, but when you are getting thousands of attempts an hour every hour, from different IP's in a certain country, it's time to block it. It's sad that some bad apples spoil the pie for everyone, but it happens. :(
Pzzy, instead of banning entire countries try installing fail2ban on your server. This will just ban those ips that are messing with you.

Back