• OzzModz is no longer taking registrations. All registrations are being redirected to Snog's Site
    All addons and support is available there now.

Not sending notices

dknelson

I like this mod but am having a small issue with it. The cron task does not seem to be working. If I got to my task manager and "run now", I always get emailed notifications but otherwise, I never get one. The settings are at default. * for day and * for month. 0 for hour and 2 for minute.

Like I said, it works if I run it manually.

If it work's by running it manually, it should run by the cron, unless there is no one viewing your pages at the time it is scheduled to run. Maybe change the time to something different, maybe another cron is running at the same time, and stopping it from doing it's thing.

I doubt there is anything I could do to change it, as it is of course ran by the vBulletin cron.

OK...I've got some more information. It actually is sending me the emails but they contain no content. I have been getting blank emails for a while but didn't know where they were coming from. I got 3 last night and that time stamp was the same time that this cron task runs. So I then changed the time that it runs and checked it again Sure enough, I got blank emails when this task ran. Just to me from my forum but no subject and no content.

I wonder if DBSEO is somehow causing this? I've seen similar reports about blank emails caused by that.

It's strange that if I run it manually, the emails contain the text.

Hmmm, I don't know if DBSEO is causing it, as I don't use it.

Would it be possible to change the time of the cron to say like five min form now, then disable DBSEO, and let the cron run with it off?

I'll try that a little later today. Have to get to a meeting now. As soon as I can find out how, I'm going to uninstall DBSEO entirely. I just have to do some research on how to do it properly.

OK...I disabled DBSEO but when the task ran, I still got the blank emails. I've read about some others having the same issue and I think it may have something to do with rewrite rules added in .htaccess for DBSEO. I'm really leaning toward uninstalling it altogether but just don't want to screw anything up when I do.

One more thing. It seems strange to me anyway. The task "Subscrptions 1" that sends expiration notices to members seem to be working properly with subject and text included. It's only the emails that I get from "Subscriptions 2" that have the missing text. Again, if I run it manually, the text comes through.

On second thought, I think I need to verify that again. I ran "Subscriptions 1" manually yesterday also and a reply I got back from a member showed the text. It may also only be including text when I run it manually.

Well the members say that they are getting their expiration notices so it seems that only the one sent to me is missing the subject and text. I changed it to a different time so that no other task could interfere but the results are the same.

Also, just to be clear, when I said that I was thinking of uninstalling it, I meant DBSEO, NOT this mod. DBSEO still seems a bit buggy to me and it seems that every time they release an update, it cause a different issue.

Last edited:
Hmmm, I'll have to have a look over the mod as soon as I get a chance. I am in the middle of updating all mods to do version checking here. Once that is done, I can look into it.

Just curious if you have had a chance to look at this. I have completely removed DBSEO from my site including the rewrite rules and all files. Still getting these blank emails from this mod though.

Back