• OzzModz is no longer taking registrations. All registrations are being redirected to Snog's Site
    All addons and support is available there now.

[OzzModz] Block Registrations With Spam Like Email Addresses (vB4) (vB3.8) (vB3.7) (vB3.6) v1.0.2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ozzy47

Administrator
Another mod brought to you by,
OzzModz.png

This is a small mod that will allow admins to block registrations from users with multi dotted email addresses.

Original idea was asked by Snowhog in this thread.
kh99 provided the basic code for this to work. Then cloferb posted it as a mod here. Which was just basically a C/P of what kh99 posted in the other thread. So I have released this as a full blown mod, with settings for all the variables.

It is a simple installation, import the product XML, ozzmodz_max_dots

The settings for the mod can be found under, [OzzModz] Block Registrations With Spam Like Email Addresses Settings

Note: The error message they see when they exceed the maximum dots is this:

" Oooops, something went wrong with the registration process. Please check all fields again. "

I would not suggest changing it and saying something like, " you entered to many dots " or some such as this will just tip the spammers off.
smile.gif

Attention: If you are using this mod, Automatically deny registration for users with multi-dotted email address disable that plugin, or delete it, as it will probably conflict with this mod.

Complete Feature List
  • Option to disable the mod completely.
  • Option to set the maximum dots allowed. ( ala . ) I suggest no more than two dots allowed.
  • Option to set the maximum commas allowed. ( ala , ) I suggest no commas allowed.
  • Option to set the maximum semicolons allowed. ( ala ; ) I suggest no semicolons allowed.
  • Option to set the maximum colons allowed. ( ala : ) I suggest no colons allowed.
  • Option to set the maximum hyphens allowed. ( ala - ) I suggest one, but no more than two hyphens allowed.
Frequently Asked Questions.

Q. Why do I need such a thing, you ask?

A. I have seen a rash of users joining sites, with multi dotted email addresses, and 99.9% of the time these are spammers, usually human ones. So by adding this you can prevent them from registering.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

* History (Changelog) *
-------------------------
v1.0.0 (September 2, 2014)
- Initial public release.

v1.0.1 (September 4, 2014)
- Fixed a issue that was not allowing the settings to be taken into affect, thus blocking registrations that had any of the unwanted characters in the email address.

v1.0.2 (March 14, 2015)
- Version checking now done on OzzModz.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Support for this mod can be found here, Block Registrations With Spam Like Email Addresses

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back