• OzzModz is no longer taking registrations. All registrations are being redirected to Snog's Site
    All addons and support is available there now.

[OzzModz] Log Failed Login (vB4) (vB3.8)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ozzy47

Administrator
Another mod brought to you by,
OzzModz.png

Here is a small modification you can use to log selected users IP's when there is a login failure.

It is a simple installation, upload the file, ozzmodz_failed_login_log.log, in the UPLOAD folder, to your forum root, then import the product XML, product-ozzmodz_log_failed_login

You can edit the options under the settings, OzzModz: Log Failed Login IP Settings

Complete Feature List

• Option to disable the mod completely.
  • Option to change the name of the file, so you can make it unique to your site, keeps it out of prying eyes.
  • Option to set which userid's to log.
  • Option to set which usergroups to log.

Frequently Asked Questions.

Q. Why do I need such a thing, you ask?

A. If you feel your members accounts are trying to be accessed by unauthorized people, this will log the IP's when the person fails the login, usually due to a wrong password. You can get the IP's from the log and add them to your ban list. Also it was requester by 00pavan00 here, How to log ips of failed attempts?

Q. How do I view the log?

A. Navigate to the log file, in your forum root, via FTP, and view it from there.

Q. How do I clear the log entries?

A. You can clear the log by deleting the entries and saving.

Q. How do I read the log?

A. It will have the info in this format, Date, Time, Userid, Username, IP Address.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

v1.0.0 Initial release.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Support for this mod can be found here, Log Failed Login

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back