• OzzModz is no longer taking registrations. All registrations are being redirected to Snog's Site
    All addons and support is available there now.

[OzzModz] Welcome Thread / Post For New Users

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ozzy47

Administrator
Another mod brought to you by,
OzzModz.png

This is a simple mod, that will post a new thread or post, when a new user joins your site.

It can be set to post as soon as the member completes the registration process, or when they confirm their email, should you have that option set in your vBulletin settings.

It is a simple installation, upload the files in the UPLOAD folder, then import the product XML, product-ozzmodz_welcome_thread

You can edit the options under the settings, [OzzModz] Welcome Thread / Post For New Users Settings and change the thread post titles and messages in the options, [OzzModz] Welcome Thread / Post For New Users Titles And Messages

Complete Feature List
  • Ability to enable/disable the thread/post system.
  • Option to create thread before or after Email activation
  • Option to choose to post as a new thread or a reply to a post.
  • Option to enter the ID of the person making the post.
  • Option for the thread/post to count towards the posters postcount or not.
  • Ability to select which forum the new thread should be posted in.
  • Option to set the thread id if you choose to post as a reply to a post.
  • Option to set the post id if you choose to post as a reply to a post.
  • Option to set the thread as open or closed if you choose to post as a new thread.
  • Option to enter which post icons to use.
  • Option to set as sticky if you choose to post as a new thread.
  • Ten different options to enter the thread/post title for the system to randomly use.
  • Ten different options to enter the thread/post content for the system to randomly use.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please remember to click the, {vb:raw mark_as_installed_image} button to the right if you installed the mod ---->

What does 'Marking As Installed' do ?

* It helps you to stay on top of updates - members who have installed modifications will be notified whenever new updates are available.

* For security issues - OzzModz.com will contact all members who have installed a modification whenever a security issue is brought to our attention.

* Marking a modification as installed also helps me know how many people are using my work, giving me extra incentive to provide more features and new modifications.

I appreciate the support!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

v1.0.0 Initial Release

RE: Version 1.0.0

For some reason, $username variable isn't being displayed on the actual welcome threads.

You can see a post here: Captive Reefs

Should have a username in the thread title and in the post.

Upon further testing, members that are using BOP's Really Fast Registration aren't being posted with a username.

It would be awesome if this mod would work with that mod. :)

Can you confirm that it is his mod causing that? The XML in the above link is not from the first thread, it is a updated XML, in a separate post.

After uploading the product you linked, I am not getting any thread creation when using the BOP-RFR mod. I have had a few threads created and those members appear to have used the normal registration. (I was using another welcome thread mod with vb3.8 and it seemed to be okay with the BOP-RFR mod.

Another question (assuming we can get this working with the BOP-RFR mod), can the welcome thread be used in conjuction with dbtech's user mention mod so the new member will get a notification with a link to their thread?

Is there any hope for this to work with the BOP-RFR mod? It appears the updated xml fixed the username not displaying issue.

Ok at least the no name is solved, so now the issue is only threads are not created with Bop5's mod?

That mod does not require the user to verify their email?
How do you have the option set to create the new post, before or after email verification?

I've got it set to before. You are correct the mod doesn't require email verification, it simply sends them a temporary password and if they can log back in with it, it means their email worked.

Joe added this option on his script and we had it working with my former welcome thread mod on vb3:

"If enabled the php hook register_addmember_complete will be made active in the Really Fast Registration php file. This may allow for compatibility with some 3rd party modifications that work after a user has completed traditional registration. Leave disabled unless you need to use this- if you do enable be sure you make a test registration to make sure it all works together."

Last edited:

Just wondering if you had a chance to look at this?...I know you have a lot of irons in the fire.

Thought I would give this another bump... maybe I can kick in some $$ to get it working with the RFR mod?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back