• OzzModz is no longer taking registrations. All registrations are being redirected to Snog's Site
    All addons and support is available there now.

PHP Warnings

EasyEazy

Quick question. Seen lots of posts to insert code into the config file to stop warnings in version 4.2.2

Have you guys got this inserted or is it something I should look to sort out?

You should use:
PHP:
define('SKIP_DS_ERRORS', true);
This turns off the extra error reporting in php 5.3 & 5.4 (for strict & deprecated warnings), but will allow other important errors to show.

You should use:
PHP:
define('SKIP_DS_ERRORS', true);
This turns off the extra error reporting in php 5.3 & 5.4 (for strict & deprecated warnings), but will allow other important errors to show.

Yeah thats what I been using. Was just wondering was it a quick fix and the errors are ok to have or if I should look to fix them.

For the most part, you can ignore them, long as nothing is broke. Also remember, they are warnings not errors. :p

The warnings are just to let you know the php version your host is runnung is out of date. It doesn't mean you have issues or lose any function.

No, it's kinda the other way around. The warnings are telling you that some of the PHP coding in either vB or a mod is depreciated in the version of PHP you are running. :)

No, it's kinda the other way around. The warnings are telling you that some of the PHP coding in either vB or a mod is depreciated in the version of PHP you are running. :)
Right but it wasn't vB that changed, the PHP version did. Hence the warnings suddenly popping up where there were none before.

Well, yes and no. Prior to 4.2.2, all E_STRICT & E_DEPRECATED warnings were suppressed in vBulletin. When 4.2.2 was released, that was removed, so you could still be on the same PHP version you were running, but all of the sudden see all kinds of errors showing up. :)

Back