• OzzModz is no longer taking registrations. All registrations are being redirected to Snog's Site
    All addons and support is available there now.

Plugin broke site. Please help

Gadget_Guy

Hi,

I just installed this MOD today.

I set it for 60 days and enabled it for a variety of my Usergroups.

I logged into the site, and it immediately prompted me saying that I hadn't verified my e-mail in over 800 days.

I clicked the link to verify and it put me in a loop bringing me back to that prompt.

I could click everything but "New Posts" which brought me back to the verify thing.

Not wanting to impede my users I disabled the MOD but now when you click NEW POSTS I still get the validation message and when I try to click the link to verify it tells me this:

you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Please help me get this MOD disabled properly as "new posts" which is used a lot on my site, is broken now.

Thanks,

D.

One of my users thinks they may have found the issue.

A spelling error might be the cause?

He reported this to me:

When I click new posts it says I need to update or validate my email.

On that screen it shows my email as example@hotmail.*con*

I click the change email option, enter password and correct email to example@hotmail.*com

*Thank you for updating - click new post again - same message need to update email

D.

Can you get into the ACP? If so uninstall the mod, and remove the files.

If not, open your config.php file and add this:
Code:
define('DISABLE_HOOKS', true);

Just below this:

Code:
<?php

Then log in to your ACP uninstall the mod, and remove the files.

Then remove the line you added to the config file.

I was able to get the MOD to not affect my users....

I didn't have to uninstall it but simply deselect the Usergroups it would work for.

Do you have any idea how to correct the issue?

D.

Back