• OzzModz is no longer taking registrations. All registrations are being redirected to Snog's Site
    All addons and support is available there now.

question in acp, user?

speedkillz

After i let someone have my name and password to log in and help with my site. Now when i go back to try and change my password back to what it was and i get "Sorry, this user is protected from being altered in the config.php file by the $config['SpecialUsers']['undeletableusers'] variable." and cannot switch. Also i noticed that all my registered users are moved to a group "new users" which i have never saw. Any info?

ftp into you site and go to:

forums/includes or public_html/includes depending on how you have uploaded your forum

in includes find config.php right click it and select edit then find the following

// ****** UNDELETABLE / UNALTERABLE USERS ******
// The users specified here will not be deletable or alterable from the control panel by any users.
// To specify more than one user, separate userids with commas.
$config['SpecialUsers']['undeletableusers'] = '1';

remove the '1' and save this will allow you to change you password, do the same again and replace the '1' thus allowing you to protect your admin account again.

if you want to protect other account from being edited just seperate them by comma's:

1,5,11 and so on

Back