• OzzModz is no longer taking registrations. All registrations are being redirected to Snog's Site
    All addons and support is available there now.

Removing the homepage?

• Thread starter Deleted member 1093
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 1093

Hello Everyone.

I have a question, is there a way to remove a "HomePage URL" so there is no advertisemnt on a members profiles? I have been looking around and there is no were I found to remove it?
P.S I'm not sure if this is the correct forum to post this topic.

Thanks

To remove this for all users, edit the following templates:

1.) "memberinfo_block_statistics"

Locate the code:

HTML:
	<vb:if condition="$prepared['homepage']">
	<dl class="blockrow stats">
		<dt>{vb:rawphrase home_page}</dt>
		<dd> <a href="{vb:raw prepared.homepage}" target="_blank">{vb:raw prepared.homepage}</a></dd>
	</dl>
	</vb:if>

Either delete this code, or better yet, I recommend wrapping it in <vb:comment>...code here...</vb:comment> tags so that if you change your mind in the future, all you would need to do is remove the comment tags.

2.) "modifyprofile"

Locate the code:

HTML:
			<div class="blockrow">
				<label for="tb_homepage">{vb:rawphrase home_page_url}:</label>
				<input type="text" class="primary textbox" name="homepage" id="tb_homepage" value="{vb:raw bbuserinfo.homepage}" maxlength="200" dir="ltr" tabindex="1" />
				<p class="description">
					{vb:rawphrase let_other_visitors_know_url}
				</p>
			</div>

And either delete or comment out.

These 2 edits will prevent URLs already entered by users on their profiles from displaying and will prevent any new URLs from being entered.

If you would like to disable it only for certain usergroups, or based on post-count, etc., I would be willing to write an add-on for you, provided Ozzy gives his consent. :D

Back