• OzzModz is no longer taking registrations. All registrations are being redirected to Snog's Site
    All addons and support is available there now.

Replacement for iTrader

gajinoz

There is a fair bit of selling/trading happening on my forum and most people liked the idea of rating system it provided. It was a little more complicated than it needed to be for my purposes but it worked.

Now that I'm on 4.2.3 I'd like something new that provides a seller/buyer rating system. It doesn't need to be loaded with options and so on, just a basic system.

Here is how I see it working, more or less:

In the users profile there would be a couple of buttons, Good & Bad
There would also be a tab where that users ratings would be displayed, e.g. Good 20 Bad 5
Additionally the user could see who gave what rating.

That's basically all it needs to be.

How difficult, and how much work, would it be to create something like that?

I did have a look at that but it is way WAY more complex than I need or want. The only part of it I would want is the feedback part, all the rest, as good as it may be, is of no real use to me.

My system is very very simple. People simply create a thread in the appropriate subforum to advertise something they have, that's pretty much it. All negotiations on price shipping, payment and so on is done offline.

All I need is a simple system so buyers and sellers can easily and quickly indicate how the deal went and lets other potential buyers and sellers see what sort of rating the others might have, a little like how the ebay thing works.

Well that would be a bit tricky to pull off. As if you were to add a user rating like that, then anyone could rate users. You would need to somehow make sure the transaction was complete, then only allow the purchaser to rate the member.

As the transactions are happening offline, there is no way to track this, so it would be up to the sellers to do something to allow the buyer to rate them, but that is flawed also, as we all know most users don't bother with alot of things.

That is why you need a fully integrated system, so once the transaction is complete and verified, everything is handled behind the scenes. This would be the best and fairest way for all involved.

Back