• OzzModz is no longer taking registrations. All registrations are being redirected to Snog's Site
    All addons and support is available there now.

Reviews Mod

Toorak Times

Feeling very dumb, I have had the mod for a while now and cannot figure out how to use the Community Voting system on the Revies mod,can anyone advise me please?

Feeling very dumb, I have had the mod for a while now and cannot figure out how to use the Community Voting system on the Revies mod,can anyone advise me please?

Its the same little facebook like logo you see below the picture of the item being reviewed.
It does not really work on the facebook side, but it does add a like to the review.

Its the same little facebook like logo you see below the picture of the item being reviewed.
It does not really work on the facebook side, but it does add a like to the review.

Thanks Robbie, but I meant the out of 10 rating, the Community rating? I can't figure out how to give a Community rating

Thanks Robbie, but I meant the out of 10 rating, the Community rating? I can't figure out how to give a Community rating

Once a Main review is written using "Post a Review" under the Navbar the users who then read the review will see on the Left side of the main review a square white box with "write a review".
When the user writes their own reply review they have a single rating option that they can give from 1-10.
That rating is added to the community rating and each user has a chance to add a comment review and rating.
These are averaged to make up the community rating.

Personally I do not like the single rating system, I wish all users could have the full options list of ratings like the main reviewer, that way people could get a better idea if the main review is accurate or just one persons opinion.

For example if the main reviewer says the Movie sound is a 7 and the picture quality is a 9. The other secondary reviewers may have better high end TV's and find the picture quality to be only a 6 because poor quality of the main reviewers TV's masks imperfections. So while the averages of the main reviewer versus the secondaries may differ, you really have no idea why!

BTW I tried the DragonByte spinoff version of this and it's not nearly as good as Ozzy/Chrises version, but they did capitalized on Ozzys versions weakness and have added permissions through the roof and that's a plus, but the rest of it is so poorly designed that I am not even going to consider using it. I have been trying to contact Ozzy to see if he can fix it. I was willing to put down the $100 for the Dragon version if it looked like Ozzys and I would certainly pay that for an upgraded version of what Ozzy has.

I honestly do not think that Ozzy realizes just how popular review sections have become on forums, just look at vbulletin.org and you keep seeing people on page one of the add-ons trying to get one of the three programs offered to work properly. Ozzy has the best one by far except for that major permission problem.

Once a Main review is written using "Post a Review" under the Navbar the users who then read the review will see on the Left side of the main review a square white box with "write a review".
When the user writes their own reply review they have a single rating option that they can give from 1-10.
That rating is added to the community rating and each user has a chance to add a comment review and rating.
These are averaged to make up the community rating.

Personally I do not like the single rating system, I wish all users could have the full options list of ratings like the main reviewer, that way people could get a better idea if the main review is accurate or just one persons opinion.

For example if the main reviewer says the Movie sound is a 7 and the picture quality is a 9. The other secondary reviewers may have better high end TV's and find the picture quality to be only a 6 because poor quality of the main reviewers TV's masks imperfections. So while the averages of the main reviewer versus the secondaries may differ, you really have no idea why!

BTW I tried the DragonByte spinoff version of this and it's not nearly as good as Ozzy/Chrises version, but they did capitalized on Ozzys versions weakness and have added permissions through the roof and that's a plus, but the rest of it is so poorly designed that I am not even going to consider using it. I have been trying to contact Ozzy to see if he can fix it. I was willing to put down the $100 for the Dragon version if it looked like Ozzys and I would certainly pay that for an upgraded version of what Ozzy has.

I honestly do not think that Ozzy realizes just how popular review sections have become on forums, just look at vbulletin.org and you keep seeing people on page one of the add-ons trying to get one of the three programs offered to work properly. Ozzy has the best one by far except for that major permission problem.

I just don't get that box appearing at all eh?

Are you sure that under the permissions for Reviews that you have them set so that users can write a review?
CP - Usergroups - Usergroup manager - "select the group and press edit" - look for Reviews Permission
Do you have them set right for your different groups.

Under Registered Users I have.

Can use reviews = Yes
Can Post Reviews = Yes
Can Rate Reviews = Yes
Reviews need admin approval = Yes
Can Moderate Reviews = No

If you have those set right, I have no idea what else it could be.

Back